Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pom Bashing for Rob C and possibly some others  (Read 4962 times)

Rob C

Re: Pom Bashing for Rob C and possibly some others
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 05:00:35 am »

Didn't fall as much as run from the face of the earth mate.. 8)
All the best to you as well Walter ..

Now that's a relationship between two guys that I'd love to know more about!

Rob C

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 03:54:00 pm »

Were it not for the press, I doubt anyone would notice.

The only sport -  sport? - left with glamour is top tennis, where it's elegantly gladiatorial, reeks of big money and personal dramas with rise and fall and some tension. The rest is just swimming done with boots and helmets. Or with sticks.

Rob C

If we are talking gladiatorial contests then motorcycle racing has little equal. This year the top contest, Moto GP, was one by a 20 year old rookie despite the most incredible riding in the last few races by the number two man, Lorenzo. These are guys who'll come off their bikes at speeds well into three digits and fight all sorts of pain and injury to get back out there again. F1 Drivers? Huh, bunch of girl's blouses by comparison and the riders will be as fit as any tennis player you care to mention.

The Dakar is on at the moment, some top sport, and sportsmanship there as well.  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:57:23 pm by Justinr »

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 04:01:02 pm »

Have you ever seen a collection of UK football "fans"? The naked animosity not only to the opposing team but to their supporters has to been seen to be believed - and they're very far from being all mindless thugs. Sport seems to bring out the worst in people.

Jeremy

Agreed, and yet rugby is completely different. Football., for some reason, encourages the expression of the primeval racism that is still extant amongst so many of the English, and I speak as one myself who has escaped to a far more civilised life in Ireland.

MrSmith

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 07:04:53 pm »

About time the bogans won something, for a nation that prides itself on its sporting prowess the trophy cabinet has been looking very empty.

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

Rugby is sport - everything else is just window dressing as far as I'm concerned.. 8)

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 04:30:05 am »

Rugby is sport - everything else is just window dressing as far as I'm concerned.. 8)

Of them all, rugby is perhaps the most suspect. Those piles of hot, steaming male bodies bonded together in mass cuhuddles on the ground... not for me, thank you, but 'mixed' rugby might have inspired me to join in. I'd even have attempted to believe there are rules.

On second thoughts, thinking more deeply into the psyche of the women who might play, I'll stay with photography, thanks!

;-)

Rob C

niznai

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 10:57:44 pm »

Of them all, rugby is perhaps the most suspect. Those piles of hot, steaming male bodies bonded together in mass cuhuddles on the ground... not for me, thank you, but 'mixed' rugby might have inspired me to join in. I'd even have attempted to believe there are rules.

On second thoughts, thinking more deeply into the psyche of the women who might play, I'll stay with photography, thanks!

;-)

Rob C

Or you can select your own team to play against like Mr Hefner.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up