Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Wenatchee Flat Water  (Read 571 times)

quickhiker

Lake Wenatchee Flat Water
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

Took these in about a 15 minute window just about sunset with very flat, overcast light. All were shot handheld and I was really wishing I'd brought my tripod or a monopod. All comments suggestions welcome, especially processing tips.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:48:48 pm by quickhiker »

quickhiker

Re: Lake Wenatchee Flat Water
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:50:01 pm »

Missed one.

Ed Blagden

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »

I too wish you had brought a tripod... all have good potential but the capture wasn't right.

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

I like your third image (the rest have too little subject matter) - and the tone is very nice. The yellowish cast against the blue grays are "compliments" and have a strength - don't know if you used a split tone process, but it's is in the right direction for this. The one thing I wish is I could see is a little more in the frame on the right/left - it would be much better I think. Was this the orig. aspect ratio, or cropped? /B
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:15:29 pm by brandtb »
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Seoonmie

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 11:49:56 am »

I agree with the previous comments about the tripod. But I also see great potential in them. I especially like the idea in your first one. It is different and exciting, certainly worth exploring further.

quickhiker

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:10 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. How often do I leave the tripod behind only to wish I had it at some point? Answer: almost always.

Here's a recrop of the "branch" shot with more to the left/right and bottom of frame. Top still has some sky cropped out. As you suggested, it does work better. I think I'd been doing so many skinny crops before that that my eye got recalibrated. Mental note to step back when cropping.

Pages: [1]   Go Up