Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad flexbody  (Read 2078 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Hasselblad flexbody
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:37:41 pm »

Hi,

Hasselblad is sometimes thinking out of the box, I am just playing with something called Flexbody. It is a small flexible bellows body that allows +/- 30 degrees of tilt and +/- 15 mm of shift on any Hasselblad lens. Bought it used for 900€ and after some fixing it works fine. It is a bit cumbersome to use, but a nice piece of equipment.

I just made a simple test using "Scheimpflug" with a Macro Planar 120/4, here are some screenshots of the images at actual pixels left tilted and right untilted. With Scheimpflug we can tilt the focal plane. I the sample all coffee cups are reasonably sharp. Still the DoF is very shallow.

Best regards
Erik
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 05:40:09 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Hank Keeton

• SeeingTao
Re: Hasselblad flexbody
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:17:34 pm »

You will enjoy experimenting with this fine piece of gear! Unlike traditional LF processes....(focus-far then tilt-swing-near)...one must do the opposite and focus-near then tilt-far. I use a Bogen head to compensate for the compositional change when I tilt/shift.

The IC (image circle) can also be a further complication. Very unlike the LF lenses (even digital/digitar) where the IC is large enough to use real movements. With the Flexbody, there are limitations with the IC.

Enjoy!
....always seeking.....

SeeingTao.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Hasselblad flexbody
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 06:48:43 pm »

Hi,

One of the few times I appreciate the fact that the P45+ sensor (49x37 mm) is a crop sensor on the Hasselblad.

On the Flexbody the tilts around the center of the focal plane, I feel it helps a lot as the image doesn't shift when tilting.

Best regards
Erik

The IC (image circle) can also be a further complication. Very unlike the LF lenses (even digital/digitar) where the IC is large enough to use real movements. With the Flexbody, there are limitations with the IC.

Enjoy!
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up