Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloud Backup  (Read 5856 times)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Cloud Backup
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 01:28:27 am »

I use Amazon Glacier with Fast Glacier at $0.01 per GB
Isn't Crashplan about 30 time more expensive at $0.30 per GB?

I'm not sure where you get the $0.30 per GB of Crashplan, the plans I know are flat fee (maybe depends on the location). In any case, Amazon Glacier is a valid and interesting option.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 10:14:29 am »

Both Crashplan and Backblaze have unlimited backup for $3.96 for a multi year contract. You can get a total restore sent on a HD (up to 3TB). For very large backups this is the cheapest options that I know of.

cybis

• http://www.lucbusquin.com
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

I'm not sure where you get the $0.30 per GB of Crashplan, the plans I know are flat fee (maybe depends on the location). In any case, Amazon Glacier is a valid and interesting option.

I was looking at the business plans: https://www.crashplanpro.com/business/store.vtl
The home plan, licensed for personal data only, is indeed a great deal if you have less than 1 TB of personal data online. Thanks for pointing it out.

Persio

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 07:13:34 am »

I was doing some further research and found an unofficial cost calculator for Amazon Glacier and concluded that there is a severe cost penalty on retrieving data from the service, in addition to the monthly storage fee.
Is there such a cost penalty for retrieving data from CrashPlan or BackBlaze?
It is curious that no one so far has indicated the use of DropBox of SkyDrive as a possible solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Persio.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 08:01:06 am »

For backblaze you have the options listed below and a hard drive for full restore can be sent anywhere in the world where Crashplan Restore-To-Door service is only available in the US, Australia, and New Zealand. For me a showstopper to use Crashplan.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:06:55 am by Hans Kruse »

francois

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 08:26:11 am »

Crashplan Pro for me.
Francois
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up