Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: questions if you use Square card reader for sales...  (Read 3004 times)

msongs

• Hawaii Loves Art
questions if you use Square card reader for sales...
« on: December 26, 2013, 03:25:40 pm »

started using Square and it is ok so far. I have a question on charging sales tax. went to their site and implemented the tax form, but when I make a sale and enter the price, there is no tax added showing in the price. If I scan the card and go to the signature page there is still no tax included. So at what step does the tax show up? I don't want to run an actual transaction for nothing to see if tax ever shows up. Thanks if you can tell me when the tax is actually added. Im using the Samsung android tablet for  sales.

Also when I get to the receipt page is there a way to cancel the transaction? Seems like once the customer "signs" and the
receipt page shows up the card is already charged.

Been waiting 24 hrs for a reply from square so far.

Msongs
hawaiilovesart.com
batik, digital design, panorama photography

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: questions if you use Square card reader for sales...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »

Tax only works with pre made items you have in your store.  Manually entering a total, you have to calculate it yourself.

Yes the card is charged after the signature.  The receipt is optional.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 10:59:13 pm »

... I have a question on charging sales tax. went to their site and implemented the tax form, but when I make a sale and enter the price, there is no tax added showing in the price. If I scan the card and go to the signature page there is still no tax included. So at what step does the tax show up? I don't want to run an actual transaction for nothing to see if tax ever shows up. Thanks if you can tell me when the tax is actually added. Im using the Samsung android tablet for  sales.

I use an ifone. On mine, once into the Register application and the keypad display is showing, I go into settings (noted by an icon looks like a gear) and then into a menu selection labeled “Settings” and then into a menu labeled "Tax." In there I defined a tax rate for a locality and called it “Seattle Sales Tax” and within that I defined the details under “Applicable items” and included “all items” after that, under item pricing I specified “Add tax to price,” and last but not least, I selected "on" under the heading “Enabled” for this option.

When someone is charged, tax is automatically noted and added to the total. Try doing that and then if you want run your card for $1 to test.

I haven't tried the approach noted by kaelaria as i don't use individual pre-defined items but i recall reading Squares provides different options.

Also when I get to the receipt page is there a way to cancel the transaction? Seems like once the customer "signs" and the receipt page shows up the card is already charged.

I don't know if there is a way to cancel at that point as the transaction is completed (afaik) after the customer signs for it and you accept that. The signature is generally considered the acknowledgement and acceptance of the charge.

There is a way to refund. I used Mr. Google to look for "Square refund" and Mr. G. provided an answer to that as the first search result. Give that a try.

Been waiting 24 hrs for a reply from square so far.

My experience is that prompt replies are not their strong suit. It is also best to ask them simple questions without multiple choices or ambiguities.

msongs

• Hawaii Loves Art
Re: quetax problem solved...
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:39:34 pm »

opened the program and clicked on the little "head" icon and started pushing buttons. got it to work now. thanks for your tips.

btw there is a way to delete a sale as a mistake/unintended sale. dont recall how right now but I also found that by wandering around and clicking buttons lol.
Msongs
hawaiilovesart.com
batik, digital design, panorama photography

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:48:34 am »

Tax only works with pre made items you have in your store.  Manually entering a total, you have to calculate it yourself.

Not true. I enter manual prices all the time and it's easy to turn the tax on or off in "settings".

Walt Roycraft

• roycraftart
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 02:29:38 pm »

Not true. I enter manual prices all the time and it's easy to turn the tax on or off in "settings".

My experience as well
Walter Roycraft
http://www.roycraftart.c

jferrari

Re: quetax problem solved...
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 06:14:00 pm »

started pushing buttons. got it to work now. I also found that by wandering around and clicking buttons lol.

Remind me not to let you borrow my camera!
Nothing changes until something changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up