Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyword mess  (Read 1046 times)

dieter268

Keyword mess
« on: December 26, 2013, 12:51:40 am »

Hello,

I have got a bunch of images from my brother in law.
He is not using LR and tested some DAM and Geocoding software recently.
One or more of this programs must have made a big mess in the metadata of the images.
I have added a attachment showing the problem. The geographical kewords show up twice or even tripple in "Enter Keywords" or "Keywords & Containing Keywords"
Only with option set to "Will Export" it shows just one entry per keyword.
The images are all JPEGs, nothing done in LR then import them, with nothing done to them during import (like presets or metadata).
Is there a way to clean up that metadata mess? I have tried already to re-exprt the keywords as they are shown correctly in "Will Export" but no success.
(Its about 1000 images, so, its not the end of the world to do it manually, but I could imagine nicer activites during the holidays ;) )

Thanks a lot

Dieter

PhotoEcosse

Re: Keyword mess
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 06:02:20 am »

Not sure why this is a problem for you - yes, it looks a wee bit messy, but I can't see that any functionality is going to be impaired.

Perhaps if you can explain why you think it is a problem, we could advise in that context.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

dieter268

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:45:22 am »

It seems that it does not affect searching or filter function, which was my main concern.
So it stays a aesthetic issue, that it looks wiered when working on kewords again on these pictures.
So i think if there is no easy solution (like: "click there to remove all duplicate keywords") I will leave it like that and lay hand on if it should annoy me too much one day.

Yauman

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 01:11:50 pm »

Ha.ha.. I just got photos from 2 friends, over 800 photos each with the same keyword overload!  Yea, leave it alone, it doesn't affect anything in Lightroom. I just click on the little triangle and close the Keyword window so I don't have to look at them! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up