Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7r vibration problems?  (Read 11019 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Sony A7r vibration problems?
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »

Is there an issue with camera vibration in the Sony A7R?  Even with non-telephoto lenses?

some reputable people seem to think so:

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20131220_3-SonyA7R-shutter-vibration.html

and Sony is checking into it.

allegretto

Re: Sony A7r vibration problems?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »

srusly...?

you mean, no one at Sony looked? Noticed? Anticipated?

now it needs a special engineered "weight" just to un-break it?

Manufacturers, seems like not just Sony but ALL of them are in such a rush mode to come out with a new model that they don't sufficiently shake down the one they are releasing.

It's probably the worst at Sony, several lines of camera have come (and some already gone) and still nothing approaching a robust line of dedicated glass. You folks who just keep buying third-party adapters and going manual are brave souls! Sort of like voluntary crash-test dummies.

Wow, it's like a merry-go-round at 200 RPM... everyone is getting sick from this stuff.

And people just nit-pick at the edges. Heck, we should just force them to slow down and get it right. Let the stuff sit on the shelves till they have it figured out.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 12:26:06 am »

Hi,

The problems seems to arise when the lens is mounted via an adapter and the foot on adapter is used.

But yes, there are problems it seems. The A7 doesn't have the problem, it seems.

Best regards
Erik

srusly...?

Manufacturers, seems like not just Sony but ALL of them are in such a rush mode to come out with a new model that they don't sufficiently shake down the one they are releasing.

It's probably the worst at Sony, several lines of camera have come (and some already gone) and still nothing approaching a robust line of dedicated glass. You folks who just keep buying third-party adapters and going manual are brave souls! Sort of like voluntary crash-test dummies.

Wow, it's like a merry-go-round at 200 RPM... everyone is getting sick from this stuff.

And people just nit-pick at the edges. Heck, we should just force them to slow down and get it right. Let the stuff sit on the shelves till they have it figured out.

Erik Kaffehr

scooby70

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:09 am »

You folks who just keep buying third-party adapters and going manual are brave souls! Sort of like voluntary crash-test dummies.

You should try it.

Personally I think you guys using modern AF lenses are just Play Station generation tourists who might as well be sat in their bedrooms playing World Of Weavecraft, or whatever it is  ;D

Lots of gnahing of teeth and others saying it's a non issue here...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

Personally I thought that 24mb was easily enough for me so I bought an A7  ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:35:50 am by scooby70 »

allegretto

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

Scoob-

just added an M240 after a year of Leica withdrawal. Been up and down the L-line

shoot MF Canons too. Zeiss 21mm/15mm (just arrived, from me/to me for Christmas. I'm stoked) /100mm   Canon 24 TS-e

careful about ass-umptions…   ;)

Cheers, really   :)

Merry Christmas to all…

Agree about the 24M thing, but I'm just a bug, not a Pro and different people like different things. Heck, I shoot a lowly Canon and everyone knows they suck    ;D

Got a dollar that the guy who says "no big deal" is on the Sony payroll… srously… Even for me, out of focus is the worst thing that can happen! Blow highlights, muddy shadows… I'll find a way. Out of focus is forever and cannot be un-fvcked

You should try it.

Personally I think you guys using modern AF lenses are just Play Station generation tourists who might as well be sat in their bedrooms playing World Of Weavecraft, or whatever it is  ;D

Lots of gnahing of teeth and others saying it's a non issue here...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:45:11 pm by allegretto »

chez

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »

srusly...?

No one is forcing you to get onto this merry-go-round. If you are getting "sick of this stuff", just use what you have and ignore the rest. Problem solved.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »

Digilloyd also found a shutter vibration issue on the M240.
It's a sad day indeed when a Leica M is too noisy or has shutter shake.
I am sure both companies will fix their products ... in the next revision :)

Edmund

Scoob-

just added an M240 after a year of Leica withdrawal. Been up and down the L-line

shoot MF Canons too. Zeiss 21mm/15mm (just arrived, from me/to me for Christmas. I'm stoked) /100mm   Canon 24 TS-e

careful about ass-umptions…   ;)

Cheers, really   :)

Merry Christmas to all…

Agree about the 24M thing, but I'm just a bug, not a Pro and different people like different things. Heck, I shoot a lowly Canon and everyone knows they suck    ;D

Got a dollar that the guy who says "no big deal" is on the Sony payroll… srously… Even for me, out of focus is the worst thing that can happen! Blow highlights, muddy shadows… I'll find a way. Out of focus is forever and cannot be un-fvcked

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:48:59 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

allegretto

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 09:14:28 pm »

what, we should just smile and wave?

didn't hear about M240 issue...will have to take a careful look at the images... it just came and I'll examine the files. Won't cut them slack either

here, I appreciate you folks being helpful, but that's not what you had in mind, is it?

Give it a rest... you don't know whom you're speaking with, and it's in no one's interest to get personal over an engineering error by a manufacturer.

Nice to meet you, have a nice day...   ;)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 10:41:32 pm »

Hi,

The issue may be hard to detect except you are shooting test targets. Diglloyd says that it reduces resolution from say 36 MP to 24 MP. So it is a significant loss of sharpness.

But very clearly, Sony could add a shooting mode to reduce shaking.

Best regards
Erik

Edmund

Erik Kaffehr

allegretto

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 11:57:45 pm »

Edmund

OMG...! It's like gravity was repealed...

Well, a bit different but same cause. Happily a bit more addressable than the Sony issue, but again, where is the Beta testing of this stuff? Solms gets no pass from me.

So AF = Bad, like masturbating in a dark room, but buying "adapters" so that you can just about guarantee a mis-match somewhere down the line = good. Got it! After all, it's MF, what could go wrong?

Telecaster

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »

Hmmm...think I'll just stick with my Boxy Pentax, with its nicely damped shutter & mirror mechanisms, when it comes to the big(ger) sensor & megapixel sweepstakes. All my lovely 35mm format lenses...they can wait patiently in their storage cabinets for awhile longer.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up