Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5 not exporting all keywords with exported file?  (Read 10369 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Lightroom 5 not exporting all keywords with exported file?
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 02:35:28 am »

Now, as I wrote, create the scripts folder.....

laurenshoddenbagh

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 11:46:34 am »

Now, as I wrote, create the scripts folder.....
My mistake, sorry, I thought I have to find that folder in the finder. I tried now to look at the Peferences... and there it was :)

laurenshoddenbagh

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

The folder is created and the script is in it. Then I restarted LR, but... nothing appeared at the right side of 'help'.
I know a lot about photography, but don't know much about scripts. So I don't know why there is no scripts menu. Sorry.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 12:30:30 pm »

The reason is that you aren't following my instructions - go back to the "to run the script" text that you quoted and create the scripts folder exactly where I said, then put the little lua file in it.

laurenshoddenbagh

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »

I'm sorry to say, but it still doesn't show up next to 'help'. I think I created the Scripts folder now at the right location. See Screen shot.

You're right, I didn't follow your instructions to the letter as I see now. I should have searched further till I found the mentioned folder names.
For other people who are following this post: they are in the Lightroom Settings folder.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »

Ah, it looks like you've changed the default and are storing the presets etc with the catalogue. This preference is best used if you keep the catalogue on an external drive for working on different computers - in all other circumstances I recommend you don't use this preference and use the default.

So you are going to need to set up the Scripts folder in the default place. Two ways to find it. In LR, go into Preferences, Presets and untick the box "Store Presets with this catalog" (you can switch it back later if you want). Try clicking Show Lightroom Presets Folder as before. If this gets you to the same place as now, restart LR and try again.

Alternatively, in Finder, hold down the Alt/Opt key and choose Go. Library will be visible, so choose it. Then navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom. That's where Scripts should go.

John

laurenshoddenbagh

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »

That’s it! :)
The script sign appeared and I ran the script.

The photo I tested had all the keywords in it when exported.
The keyword list has no square brackets anymore when exported to a text file.

New keywords, which were not yet in the keyword List, which were collected in the program I use (IIT) were pasted in the keywording area. The keywords all showed up after exporting the photo.
And the new keywords which I pasted in the Keywording area, which were new to the Keyword List, have no brackets! I could see that by exporting the keyword List to a text file.

Now I’m a happy guy, thanks to John.
Great how you are helping people at the forum.
Have a merry Christmas!

Laurens

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 02:33:55 pm »

And Happy Christmas to you too.

The script will be always be a fix, but maybe export the keywords metadata every few weeks to see if you can identify the source of the problem, or confirm that it's no longer happening.

John

laurenshoddenbagh

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

John, now I'm not occupied with the 'problem' anymore, I visited your website. I have to say that I'm impressed!
You're not only good with scripts and helping people but you're an outstanding photographer as well! :)

After years being a commercial photographer I'm now retired and travel the last six years in the USA. If you like you can see my website.
www.travelingphototeam.com
I just started this website and I'm still working on it, but you can see how I enjoy taking photos in the West.

Laurens

P.S. I'm from the Netherlands

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »

Thanks Laurens - I just get lucky now and then!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up