Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF 6300 Hardware Error  (Read 20299 times)

andrewparsons

Re: Canon iPF 6300 Hardware Error
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 06:58:43 am »

Phoned Canon today and they said that as I did not have a warranty or service contract the best that they could offer me would be £50 a half hour to talk to a technician or £300 for a call out and an hours work for a service call.  £144 an hour after that.

The first thing the service call would do is to replace the print heads (£600) then the main controller (£750).

You've always got to buy a new machine.  Then you get the year's warranty, new printheads and you get to keep your ink.  This means that not only are the print heads "consumable",  the whole machine is as well.  This main controller error has to be a design flaw and a decent company would swap the board for no charge to everybody that had the error and would revise the board to eliminate the error.  It is hard to believe that this fatal flaw in the controller still persists.

Be interesting to see how other people have resolved this error.  And how many people have had to either scrap the printer or buy a new mainboard (ouch!).

samueljohnchia

Re: Canon iPF 6300 Hardware Error
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:51 am »

Be interesting to see how other people have resolved this error.  And how many people have had to either scrap the printer or buy a new mainboard (ouch!).

I'll chime in. I had to scrap mine, iPF8100 due to mainboard failure and I got the iPF8400.

Now my new iPF8400 has pinch roller problems which makes depressions on every media except canvas and it also has a chronic gamut shrinking problem, and microbanding issues. Canon has spent 42 days doing nothing despite being aware of the problem. Canon Singapore here. The technician told me that my printer is not important (read: its cheap crap to Canon) because he had to deal with a $500, 000 grand format printer (this due to the Oce merger). I was made to wait for days and he took back samples and did nothing for 2 weeks or so and then went on leave. Upper management has taken over and the information has been passed from local to regional level and now to Canon Japan HQ. 12 days now and still no news.

Good luck to everyone else out there with mainboard or other issues. Epsons clog, Canons self-electrocute.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up