Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D3x to Cambo/Sinar to ???? Lens for architecture/Interiors  (Read 1119 times)

Rodd

• Drummond House Professional Photography
Nikon D3x to Cambo/Sinar to ???? Lens for architecture/Interiors
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:18:19 pm »

G'Day,

As the headliner suggests I have been put the notion for a Nikon mounting plate to a Sinar but what lens combination can be used for an intended Architecture ext' and internals shoot. I've seen a setup on eBay auction but wonder the mechanics of the whole thing and how the D3x would operate not have any link to the lens??????????

Any takers, to put me on the right track...

Cheers....... Rodd

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
Re: Nikon D3x to Cambo/Sinar to ???? Lens for architecture/Interiors
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 11:58:06 pm »

Hello Rodd,

The problem you will find with this combo is the shortest focal length you will probably can use is about 105mm.

Not wide at all.

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Rodd

• Drummond House Professional Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 12:04:15 am »

Thanks Simon,

I'll have to talk to the local Phase dealer because they do have a Cambo and Arca Swiss display. I think I did see (in the darkness) a Canon strapped onto something like the Cambo but was in a hurry that time to really suss it out. I think an in person "what's that bit do" Q&A is in order,

Cheers...... Rodd

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 09:56:43 am »

Ditto.  None of those ViewCamera - SLR solutions allow a lens wide enough to actually shoot architecture with.  Also, the drag about Nikon is their weak Tilt/Shift line.  The best solutions currently available for shooting architecture digitally are Canon's Tilt/Shift lenses (which are quite good) on a Canon body, Sony A7r or even the Hartblei or Alpa FPS....   OR  a digi back on a Tech Cam.

rhsu

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 05:57:10 pm »

Many tidal moons ago, when Cambo first came out with the combination of DSLR body onto Cambo + SLR/MF/LF lenses interface lens plate, I find my D2x sensor ratio to wide angle (ie interior shots) near impossible. At that stage in time, my widest lens available to me was HR28 and Hasselblad 40mm IF.  Neither of them were wide enough for interior/arch. Products and any long focal application (as per above replies) great.  When the first Cambo RS came out, I jumped upon that (or Alpa and others of the like) and never looked back.  Hope the information helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up