Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo WRS and Linhof sliding Back  (Read 1195 times)

cyron123

Cambo WRS and Linhof sliding Back
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:48:33 pm »

Hi,
Is it possible to mount a Linhof sliding back on a Cambo WRS?

Is there a problem with the distance lens and back???
Thank you.
Cyron

rhsu

Re: Cambo WRS and Linhof sliding Back
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 06:14:57 pm »

I have a RS but don't know much about Linhof sliding back.  From my experience with KaptureGroup sliding back ("back then"  ;D) - not for the RS but for the LF system- they have various digital plates for different digital backs to align the distance. "IF" Linhof sliding back mounts onto the WRS, the sliding back viewing glass will allow you to focus to that plane (which would be the same to the digital back on the sliding back) and that should work.  If the distance is off, it should not matter because you are focusing onto your new reference plane and is therefore based on what you are seeing.  I know there are a lot more experts on the forum than myself that will assist.  My reply is merely my hands-on feedback.

NB:  Back when RS first came out, I had asked KaptureGroup if he could come up with his own sliding back design for the RS.  I too asked Cambo if they would make one eventually.

Good luck...

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 06:47:44 pm »

I have a RS but don't know much about Linhof sliding back.  From my experience with KaptureGroup sliding back ("back then"  ;D) - not for the RS but for the LF system- they have various digital plates for different digital backs to align the distance. "IF" Linhof sliding back mounts onto the WRS, the sliding back viewing glass will allow you to focus to that plane (which would be the same to the digital back on the sliding back) and that should work.  If the distance is off, it should not matter because you are focusing onto your new reference plane and is therefore based on what you are seeing.  I know there are a lot more experts on the forum than myself that will assist.  My reply is merely my hands-on feedback.

NB:  Back when RS first came out, I had asked KaptureGroup if he could come up with his own sliding back design for the RS.  I too asked Cambo if they would make one eventually.

Good luck...

Unfortunately, there is not currently a method for attaching a sliding back to a Cambo WRS - at least not a standard method with the currently available sliders. There have been some glimpses of some prototypes over the years, but a shipping product remains elusive. Part of the issue with current bodies is the obstruction that the sliding back would encounter on each side. I suppose if a reduced spacer could be developed, along with a plate to accept various sliding backs, a sliding back could be attached to that combination for use with short barrel lenses, like the 120mm. Maybe not viable enough in the numbers required for production, not to mention the tolerance compromises. A complete new body is probably a better use of resources.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

RomanN.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »

if you want a sliding back and something like Cambo WRS just go for silvestri Bicam. You get both with this system.
Linhof sl. on cambo wrs- forget it.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »

Sinar ArTec?

cyron123

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 12:16:16 pm »

HI,
New info from the web: I 've mailed to Kapture group and the don't have a sliding back for the cambo. They don't plan to build a sliding back for it. I think that there are not enough buyers who asked for that part. But i dont know if this is technologically possible!?!?
cyron
PS: Yes Linhof or Sinar is a possible solution, but not with cambo stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up