Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson replaces printer with a lesser quality one  (Read 1567 times)

cottagehunter

Epson replaces printer with a lesser quality one
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:23:36 am »

I use an epson artisan 837 to print up calendars for family and friends (instead if my 7900) as it will do a full 8.5 x 11. The printer stopped advancing paper ( they really should put two rollers instead of one) a frequent problem with consumer printers. It was still under warranty so called Epson they sent a replacement however instead of a six colour printer it is a 4 colour printer with a photoblack thrown in but no light cyan or light magenta. This is annoying as I have 4 sets of ink for the 837 that won't work in the newly supplied printer. Oh they wanted me to ship the old printer in the box the replacement came in only problem is it is about 75% of the size of the printer.
 Now they have moved their call centre out of North America and into the Philippines Is it me or is this the new way of doing buisness. This is only 1 of 5 epsons I have and I have been using them since the first color printer an Epson Stylus Color on which I printed over 600,000 pages , replacing the heads once.

Pierre

Farmer

Re: Epson replaces printer with a lesser quality one
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:15:55 pm »

Call them.  Seems like a mistake - I'll bet they'll fix it.
Phil Brown

cottagehunter

Re: Epson replaces printer with a lesser quality one
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »

Thanks Farmer: I was intending to do just that. It just is more of a nuisance now as when you call Epson Connection it is now taken overseas they take your information issue you with a # which turns out to be a RMA and you wait 24-48 hrs for a call from Epson . Previously you were dealing with a N.A. call person who would initiate the paper work and the printer would be sent to you, much more convenient as I am not going to be at the # the whole time period and have no one else to discuss the issue for me with Epson. Anyway just my rant this week as I had my computer (custom built) in for warranty work and it took 4 weeks before the computer was ready to pickup at a depot 75 miles away. I had been dealing with this company for the past 15 years but they seemed in no urgency to speed things along.  The did fix the problem by replacing everything except the memory and upgrading the power supply but it was just bloody annoying.

Pierre
Pages: [1]   Go Up