Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice please. Ultimate lens for large sensor food photography?  (Read 899 times)

jimmykubrick

Advice please. Ultimate lens for large sensor food photography?
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:04:38 am »

I am looking to purchase the ultimate lens for an Arca Swiss 6x9 camera to shoot food photography. This will be for table top studio work shooting dinner plate sized images and background props. I was looking at 100mm and 120mm focal lengths and investing in the best quality digital lens on the market today. You recommendations are very welcome. Many thanks in advance, J

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Advice please. Ultimate lens for large sensor food photography?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 02:13:54 am »

Try a Schneider Macro, or Rodenstock, and figure out the best lens to DB sensor combo
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 02:55:30 am »

If I was in the market for a new view camera lens for table top work, the new Rodenstock 90mm/f5.6 SW would be at the top of my shopping list. If you cannot find one, it's predecessor would be next on my list...

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

paulmoorestudio

• http://paulmoorestudio.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:49:36 am »

food photography and "best quality" may or may not fit together in the same sentence.  It has been my experience that while a "perfect" APO lens with killer charts in the short to med telephoto range will work, I prefer a less perfect lens with wider aperture to shoot food. For example I had good luck with a 150mm 2.8 xenotar and 135 3.5 lenses when shooting 6x9. Shooting with a digital back requires shorter lenses with smaller coverage ability.
I try to shoot with lenses that are faster than 5.6 to keep the background props soft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up