Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS CC - OS X Mavericks Print Preview incorrect - Why?  (Read 1721 times)

kirkt

PS CC - OS X Mavericks Print Preview incorrect - Why?
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

I've been using PS CC for months now and after updating my OS to 10.9 (Mavericks) it appears that the Print Preview in PS CC has become incorrect.  It is desaturated and color shifted (not like when you preview paper color, etc.).  Soft proofing in PS shows the correct rendering for the selected printer-paper profile ("correct" meaning this is how it actually prints in my color managed workflow), but when I let photoshop manage colors and select the same printer-paper profile, I get the strange preview.

Attached is a screen shot.  Left image is the soft proof in PS for the Epson 3880 Luster paper, right image is the print preview.  Both images have the "paper white" enabled, but the same problem exists without that checkbox enabled.  The print driver automatically disables Epson color when "Let PS manage colors" is selected, etc.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?  I do not know much about the way PS renders its print previews, so I don't want to start poking around to "fix" the problem and make an even bigger problem.  This occurred before Epson released its recent Mavericks update, but the problem persists, even after the Epson update.

It also occurs in PS CS6, which makes me think it is a system-wide problem, but likely something funky with MY system - if it were a problem with OS 10.9 generally, I would probably be able to find something on the web about it. 

Thanks,

kirk
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:24:42 pm by kirkt »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: PS CC - OS X Mavericks Print Preview incorrect - Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »

I've been using PS CC for months now and after updating my OS to 10.9 (Mavericks) it appears that the Print Preview in PS CC has become incorrect.
Yes, it's a bug, Adobe knows about it. Just ignore the preview in the Print dialog. It's not really that useful anyway.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

kirkt

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 05:55:53 pm »

Perfect! Thanks Andrew.

Kirk

kirkt

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:03:49 pm »

It appears that the latest update for PS CC (I was notified 1/1/2014 of the update) has resolved this issue.

kirk
Pages: [1]   Go Up