Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 "Calibration cancelled due to scanning..."  (Read 2968 times)

hkoons

Z3100 "Calibration cancelled due to scanning..."
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »

"Calibration cancelled due to scanning problems"  is the error message on my HP Z3100 24" printer after I try to generate a profile in the "Color Center" of the HP Utility.  This also appears at the concluding phase of printhead alignment.  I've searched high and low for some answers in this forum and others, in the Service Manual, and in User Manual. 
Of course I'd like someone to quickly respond with a fast remedy.  I'll even settle for a reference in some literature where I might find answers.  Perhaps reference as to where I'd find the scanning gizmo in the Z3100 so that I'd might clean it, or knock it hard with a hammer.
Any advice on this issue would be appreciated.
Howard

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3100 "Calibration cancelled due to scanning..."
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:14 am »

There should be a link to the service manuals in the wiki pages:
http://z3100users.wikispaces.com

The scanner is the integrated spectrometer that is build into the head carriage. It has a sliding door that can get stuck due to ink or paper lint. Hard to get there without taking the carriage out. I cleaned and lubricated it when I replaced the belt. But others may have an easier trick to get there.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2013, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

hkoons

Re: Z3100 "Calibration cancelled due to scanning..."
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:13:56 am »

Thank you, Ernst, for your reply and suggestion.
While exploring the guts of my machine I notices that the belt was looking pretty sick.  I ordered a new one, spent the better part of my day studying the manual and anything else on the Internet relevant to its replacement, as well as looking for scanner information.  With your information I'll deal with the scanner once the belt arrives and I get to play surgeon on my baby Z.
Stay tuned.  When this event happens, I'll need all the cheering squad I can get.
Howard
Pages: [1]   Go Up