Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logan Matt Cutter  (Read 8072 times)

Larry Heath

Re: Logan Matt Cutter
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »

I've been using the Logan 760-1 Simplex for years and have never had a complaint. A good supply of fresh blades goes a long way in getting things right the first time. If I was doing hundreds a week, yeah a top of the line pro model would be the only way to go, but 5 or 10 a month or even a week is just fine with the 760-1. I am sure the Logan 860 (60") would last a lifetime. Go for the extra 20 inches, I don't know how many times that has come in handy for me, scoring glass and plastics.

Later Larry

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 04:25:42 pm »

If you are going to buy a cutter check ebay first. I got my big Logan cutter many years ago from a seller on ebay for vastly less than anywhere else I looked. It was new in box too.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 07:46:43 pm »

^Also hunt around on craigslist using google advanced search.

Ian99

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »

Framing Shops go out of business all the time and as a result of this I recently purchased a C&H 48” Advantage in good condition for $250 off Kijiji.

For me it was a huge step upwards in speed and precision, but the only thing worth mentioning is the blade for the straight cut.

You need a Stanley #1991 and no other type of Stanley blade. It is 2” long compared to the readily available 2 7/16 blades that everyone makes. The 2” blade can be difficult to find so buy in bulk if you find a source.

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 12:05:06 am »

I bought this model earlier this year and am very happy with it. I use to have one of their lesser models that had a MDF base and went out of whack after a while. The all metal construction is very nice. I did look at other companies, but the prices were way to much for my needs. I mainly cut mats for my own prints, a few for friends or the odd print sale. It is a big beast compared to my old 750 Simplex Plus unit.

Came across a couple of persons that used 850 on a daily basis for a few years now they are very happy.

Andrew
Capture the moment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up