Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the advantage to Lightroom CC?  (Read 2200 times)

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
What's the advantage to Lightroom CC?
« on: December 14, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »

I have both Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5, both updated to the most recent version. I recently signed up for the Adobe Creative Cloud and downloaded Photoshop CC which seems to be working quite well. I have not downloaded Lightroom CC because I have the stand alone version (disc) and Adobe has said Lightroom will remain available by "perpetual" license into the future.

Are there any advantages to Lightroom CC? If so, what are they and have other folks downloaded both?

Thanks for any comments.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: What's the advantage to Lightroom CC?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:07:16 pm »

They are the same thing.  If you get LR CC at this point it simply changes your registration.  Same software.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »

Are there any advantages to Lightroom CC? If so, what are they and have other folks downloaded both?

The software is the same (or at least the two versions have the same functionality).  However, the subscription license and the static license are separate.  Each license permits you to install the application on two computers.  So if you subscribe to the Adobe "Creative Cloud" and purchase a "perpetual" license as well, you can run LR on four computers.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:54:30 pm »

The other difference being that the physical copy (or digital download) could potentially work for as long as it is system-compatible (for years) whilst the CC version will stop working when you stop paying for it. I think it's six  or 12 weeks after your last payment LR CC will no longer function.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up