Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portrait profile for P30+/P45+  (Read 6363 times)

Iliah

Re: Portrait profile for P30+/P45+
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:45 am »

as far as I remember what he was writing about a simple setup - it was a stabilzed (voltage) halogen floodlight w/ gel(s), reflected off brushed aluminium metal surface on the target (not a direct illumination)
I guess you mean this one:
Well, a uniform and very flat grey cover sheet helps to make light setup less demanding through the application of flat field, but the point re halogen flood lights with CTB filters still stands.

Flat field is especially important these days because sensors add digital vignetting (and sometimes it is non-neutral, too; meaning the colour is changing) on top of lens vignetting. Playing with lights to compensate for digital vignetting is a waste.

Vladimirovich

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 09:56:59 am »

I guess you mean this one:
not this one - this one is more complex (2 lights + 2 reflecting surfaces to illuminate the target indirectly).

Vladimirovich

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:41 am »

Hi,

I don't think so. The metal area is dark

you still can see specular highlights on it in your shots means it is still reflecting something right in your lens - what if that adds to microghosting and flare...

Iliah

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 10:05:24 am »

you still can see specular highlights on it in your shots means it is still reflecting something right in your lens - what if that adds to microghosting and flare...
Right. Flare and glare are two bad guys.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up