Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zenfolio Support  (Read 1514 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Zenfolio Support
« on: December 13, 2013, 09:37:13 pm »

I'm having some issues with using the Zenfolio web site. I find their forum a fairly useless source of usable information. Is anyone aware of a good resource for information about using the site?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

jrsforums

Re: Zenfolio Support
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

I'm having some issues with using the Zenfolio web site. I find their forum a fairly useless source of usable information. Is anyone aware of a good resource for information about using the site?

I have always been please with their direct email support.
John

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 12:38:07 am »

As John mentions, I'd recommend asking for direct help - quite responsive.
Phil Brown

JayWPage

• Jay W Page Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:18:56 am »

I have also found the Zenfolio customer support quite helpful. But, you will have ask them very specific questions if you want a specific answer, and in general, the online help is vastly improved over what existed a few years ago. I have however, never found the forum to be very useful.

If you see a feature on someone's Zenfolio site, you can send a message to Zenfolio customer service asking how to do the same.

Jay Page
http://jaywpage.zenfolio.com/
Jay W Page

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 02:44:36 pm »

Jay:

How did you set up the sign in to download feature on your Zen site? I see how to set up downloads, but don't see where you can set up a required sign in.

Homer
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

JayWPage

• Jay W Page Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 03:28:20 pm »

The "sign-in" before downloading is not built into Zenfolio (or at least that I was able to find), so I have two different pages set up. They both have identical layouts, one links to the other (with the sign-in prompt) but that page requires a sign in. Both have to have public access, but you control access through the menu.

Preventing Google from indexing the page requiring a sign-in is a good idea to keep people from bypassing the menu. This can turn into a problem if most people use Google to find you website and they end up "inside" your website through a Google search or following breadcrumb trails back somewhere you don't want them to go.

Jay
Jay W Page

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 09:42:42 am »

The two pages you reference, these are Zenfolio pages? Or, are you putting custom text into Zen and then referencing a non-Zen webpage? (I looked a the page source and could not see where you were doing this, though I am not an HTML guru by an stretch!)

Homer
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:57:35 am by Remo Nonaz »
Pages: [1]   Go Up