Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese Garden at Tatton Park  (Read 581 times)

Harald L

Japanese Garden at Tatton Park
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:19:03 am »

I really love those Japanese Gardens where everything is carefully arranged in a very subtle way. Here are some impressions from the Japanese Garden at Tatton Park, Cheshire. More of the stuff you'll find here Harlem's Japanese Garden

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

Ed Blagden

Re: Japanese Garden at Tatton Park
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:39:33 am »

I like the composition, especially #3.

What I don't like is the post processing (I'm assuming these are digital shots judging by the filenames).  Altogether too Tri-X for me and I don't think that works for these scenes.  Too many blown whites and crunchy darks, I would like to see more smoothness in the mid-tones and highlights.  I also think the grain is a bit too much for these shots.

I took a look at the collection on Flickr and I think all the images have a lot of potential.  But if they were mine I'd try a different look.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:46:08 am by Ed Blagden »

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:00:01 am »

I don't think the compositions are that interesting...worth working on in future perhaps...and would concur with previous poster, the processing definitely doesn't work
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:45:21 am »

I like the idea of using blown high lights to edit the scene and soften the camera's rectilinear crop.  However, here only the third frame seems rugged enough for this application.  If you haven't tried bring back some of the high lights in the first two, I would.
Pages: [1]   Go Up