Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting rumor about Sony 54MP non Bayer full frame sensor  (Read 2765 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Interesting rumor about Sony 54MP non Bayer full frame sensor
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:20:48 pm »

Hi,

Sony Alpha Rumors has posted a rumor that Sony developed a new 54 MP full frame sensor. It is said to have non Bayer design. It is very expensive to make and commercial intro may wait to 2015 or 2016.

The rumor is classified as '5' which means it s probably solid.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Interesting rumor about Sony 54MP non Bayer full frame sensor
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:44:33 pm »

Sony Alpha Rumors has posted a rumor that Sony developed a new 54 MP full frame sensor. It is said to have non Bayer design. It is very expensive to make and commercial intro may wait to 2015 or 2016.

Hi Erik,

Interesting, that is a very good match for the rumored D4x specs, but Sony may want to keep such a sensor for themselves.  ;)

Besides, I am personally not sure that Nikon will release a D4x at all, I would expect them to try to change paradigm with a modular system unifying the sports and landscape cameras on top of a single platform.

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Interesting rumor about Sony 54MP non Bayer full frame sensor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:36:48 pm »

Hi Erik,

Interesting, that is a very good match for the rumored D4x specs, but Sony may want to keep such a sensor for themselves.  ;)

Besides, I am personally not sure that Nikon will release a D4x at all, I would expect them to try to change paradigm with a modular system unifying the sports and landscape cameras on top of a single platform.

Cheers,
Bernard

hmmm. traditionally there is world of pain associated with the words "change paradigm". The sort of pain which ends up in forced retirements.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up