Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Creative Cloud: Just got an email saying, "Welcome to CC....." ??!!  (Read 1682 times)

Dinarius

I was just prompted to update CS6.

The update simply said, "Bug fixes."

I did this.

Two minutes later I got an email saying, "Welcome to Creative Cloud. Let's get started."

To the best of my knowledge, I've never joined CC.

What gives?

Thanks.

D.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Re: Adobe Creative Cloud: Just got an email saying, "Welcome to CC....." ??!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 12:55:41 pm »

same thing happened to me...i just ignored it...

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 01:20:08 pm »

There is a free version. 2Gb of Cloud space?

jrsforums

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:39:39 pm »

Ever since I have been on CC, CS6 updates have been delivered via the CC mechanism.

It is quite possible they are going to use this same vehicle to update cs6 whether you are a member or not.

John
John

Some Guy

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:47:19 pm »

I got the software update (about 6MB) today, but I haven't seen the "Welcome to CC" notice.  I ran both PS CS6 and LR5 both.

However, I have disabled "Adobe Creative Cloud" in the software CCleaner's "Startup" pane though, as well as "Adobe ARM" (whatever that is.).  Maybe that's why I don't see it?

Still, I did get their postcard to join up in the snail-mail yesterday though.  I'm waiting for their dinner-time phone call to join up next (I'd like to unload on them there if they did!).  They sure are pushing this CC plan.

My bank has changed my credit card 3 times since their boon-dongle.  If they did try an automatic "Welcome to the Cloud" sign-up, at least the card they held back then isn't current.  Auto pay (Checking, or Visa card) just never worked well for me and led to identity theft issues at some point.  Visa Theft in Arizona (Became a big thing for a while with me.) just said to "Not do it."

SG
Pages: [1]   Go Up