Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2400 paper feeding problems  (Read 532 times)

Tuli

Epson 2400 paper feeding problems
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:14:04 pm »

My Epson 2400 stopped feeding paper and, and obviously stopped printing. The rollers turn idle. If after many attempts or after I slightly push the paper, it get the paper, it pulls it all the way thru and out and damages the paper. I use Epson Premium Luster paper which isn't heavy. Same happens with regular paper. It doesn't print the test page. I tried disconnection all connections overnight.
I looked for solutions online; I called for the help of two Epson tech support personnel. Nothing helped, including cleaning the rollers with a dump cloth as they advised. They said that if this didn't help the cleaning sheets won't help either. The orange light keeps blinking.

Short of taking it to an Epson certified shop very far away when I can hardly push the printer let alone lift, carry... and is very expensive -
is there a solution, something else to do in order to get the printer to function? I need to print ASAP! Thanks a million.

JeanMichel

Re: Epson 2400 paper feeding problems
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:03 am »

Sorry to read about your problem. I have a 2400 (an a 7890), the 2400 replaced a 2200 when that printer developed a feed problem, fixing it would have cost almost 50% of the price of a new 2400. It may be the same situation for you, and you may be better off getting a new 13" printer, or maybe go for a 17" one.   
Jean-Michel

na goodman

Re: Epson 2400 paper feeding problems
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:52:33 am »

The 2400 is going back a bit and after so many pages the roller's get coated with silica. The roller's can't grip enough to pull the paper through. You could try cleaning the rollers or using
a product called rubber rejuvenation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up