Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Medium Format Purchase - My Head is Going to Explode  (Read 20629 times)

bcooter

Re: First Medium Format Purchase - My Head is Going to Explode
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2013, 06:11:50 am »

Wasn't a set of Leica Summilux-C's by any chance was it? ;)

No it's another Broncolor HMI.  Not Kobal Bron, but the blue 500 to 800 watt broncolors.

I own a bunch of them, some older, some newer and love em.  They have the same look as a profoto flash and are small enough to travel with.

The only downside is my older ones are fragile for long distance travel and TSA, the new ones are good. 

I got turned on to them by a Hong Kong Gaffer I love working with and was amazed at how efficient they were.

Steve has found them before for me but Steve always comes through faster than anyone I work with.

Doug's good, I dig Yair (though he's a factory rep) and Lance is a good guy, but Steve's my go to source.  I just wish he sold motion equipment, but that's not his deal.

IMO

BC

Rob C

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2013, 09:18:28 am »

I'm not in still (fashion) industry anymore, but if my memory is correct
the lastest campaign we had one top model (wich name I won't reveal), fashion brand
and per day she was earning 5000 with hotel and facilities payed of course.
It's about 3500 or a Little more for her net per day wich is not astronomical at all.
The photographer, way less.
I talked with the model about that and she told me that a few years ago she was
earning the double.
Of course, this does not take into account the photocalls she did for the sponsors
but that was not part of the campaign.

Now in video...it's the wild west. The latest I did that involved a fast editing and some retouch
basicaly to recover some artefact in the oblics and it was a day of work plus the DCP
and they paied me 650 euros in wich I have taxes. So approx a day of work is in between
250 and 600 depending.

I would say that in the low-end, if one can make 2000euros/month you can say it's quite good.
(this is approx the salary of the building watchman...)

I just picked up the bill for my neighbour's car servicing for him - he's coming out here during January.

The official, Ford dealership charge for the mechanic: €38 per hour.

On the basis of a 40 hour week - maybe they work more - that's bringing in €1520 a week, and if they get half of that after the business takes its bit, that's about €750 a week, or around €3000 a month...

Would any of those guys want to be snappers?

Yeah, right; it was so different in my time.

Rob C

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2013, 11:03:55 am »

Yeah,

Life is hard.  No, he doesn't get to keep half on what is billed, but maybe he can make something by doing cash deals.

Edmund

I just picked up the bill for my neighbour's car servicing for him - he's coming out here during January.

The official, Ford dealership charge for the mechanic: €38 per hour.

On the basis of a 40 hour week - maybe they work more - that's bringing in €1520 a week, and if they get half of that after the business takes its bit, that's about €750 a week, or around €3000 a month...

Would any of those guys want to be snappers?

Yeah, right; it was so different in my time.

Rob C
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up