Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D3 and delayed flash  (Read 1548 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
D3 and delayed flash
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:58:23 am »

I think I might be missing something when it comes to using the flash on the NIkon D3.

I have bought a Sigma EF 610 DG Super to go with the camera but now find that the the pre flash and contemplation of the results by the combination is just too slow for moving objects. Is there any way I can override this or set it so that it meters during the flash rather than before? I appreciate that it might not be so accurate this way but it would be better than having the subject disappear out of the frame before the shutter fires.

I would point out that the results with a stationary subject are really very good.

Vladimirovich

Re: D3 and delayed flash
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:03:30 am »

set it so that it meters during the flash rather than before?
A, "auto" mode... see if the flash has it... or hone your skills and shoot in manual mode on flash.

Justinr

• Ink+images
Re: D3 and delayed flash
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:10:52 pm »

Between the Sigma instructions and the Magic Lantern Guide (came with the camera) I was referring to it looks as if I got myself confused. Downloading the actual Nikon Manual made things clearer and the flashes are in fact red eye reduction rather than the Monitor pre-flashes that the book spoke of as if they were actual flashes.

Anybody want a Magic Lantern Guide to the D3 before I bin it?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:13:09 pm by Justinr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up