Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contax 645 repairs?  (Read 2455 times)

vgogolak

• http://
Contax 645 repairs?
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:29:44 pm »

My c645 is showing some issues with dark bands top and bottom? Is shutter needing replacement?

Does anyone here know who could fix this?

thanks in advance

Victor

DanielStone

Re: Contax 645 repairs?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:48:21 am »

I have a few friends who have C645's, and they've found that in order to get repairs done, it's find a "parts" body(hard to get in their experience, since quite a few people/repairmen also want them) or get a replacement body all together.

IDK if anyone really carries "stock" of parts these days, other than what's been hoarded, or pulled from other donor bodies

-Dan

bcooter

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 02:49:28 pm »

Pro Camera Servicemore info‎
710 East Thousand Oaks Boulevard
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Sun Plaza Shopping Center‎
(805) 497-7240
procamera.net‎

They can fix it.  They use to have parts on hand, now they send some repairs out, probably to tocad, but it comes back in time and working well.

Be careful about buying a used worn body because you're trading one problem for another.

You can tell a Contax 645 is worn by removing the finder and listening/feeling the mirror slap.  If it's silky smooth and quiet the camera is usually good, if it slaps or makes a hitting noise then it's very worn.

I have 4 bodies, only two repairs ever (one was user issue of a thumb through the shutter) the other was a lens connection issue.

FWIW always travel with the contax prism off the body, as the connectors on the prism to body are a composite material and will crack if slammed around in shipping, (or if you pick the camera up by the prism) which makes for intermittent connection.  

(tocad use to sell these connectors at a reasonable price).

The Contax has an electronic interface which is perfect for digital backs, BUT you must have a clean connection from lens to find to back.  

Before every project, we don't just clean all the lens and finder connections, we polish them and it will connect for weeks without issue, but you have to maintain this camera to get the most out of it.

Good luck

BC
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:52:54 pm by bcooter »

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »

Many thanks for the information. I will contact them.

This is the 3 rd body i've had but only the 2nd used. Also the first EVER problem with a 645.

I know about the contacts needing to be clean. I will also check the battery. some of the rechargable ones are not strong enough.

I've had this body less than a year (bought from Adorama) so "caveat emptor" once again   ;D

regards
Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up