Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad news for users of Ilford papers  (Read 1319 times)

Dan Glynhampton

Bad news for users of Ilford papers
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:33:53 am »

I've just spotted this story from last week and can't see it mentioned anywhere else on the Lula forums:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/photo-news/540263/ilford-imaging-switzerland-declares-insolvency

Looks like the management buyout has fallen through for lack of investor support, might be a good time for users of the papers to place an order whilst stocks last.

Dan

francois

Re: Bad news for users of Ilford papers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:38:30 am »

Indeed, this is the second time this year that Ilford Imaging filed for insolvency. Back in September, the company got out of insolvency. From what I heard, the situation is serious and possibly the last step before terminal bankruptcy.
Francois

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:04:52 am »

I agree, it is not looking good. But let us await the outcome of the court proceedings - to see whether some other strategy or plan emerges. The circumstances they describe however are not prospective, because unless they can re-create market confidence the business is likely to continue to shrink and not provide sufficient cash flow to attract strategic investors. It's kind of a vicious circle that becomes self-fulfilling.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

mkihne

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:38:27 am »

Unfortunately, ^^^THIS^^^

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:48:31 pm »

Sigh....Just when I fell in love with Gold Mono Silk.  :'(

I saw that a few days back, Too bad really. They make nice paper. However it does not look good at this point. I hope somehow they find a way to continue. Loss of customer confidence is hard to recover from.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:51:03 pm by W.T. Jones »
Warren

smjphoto

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:02:45 am »

I spoke with an Ilford paper distributer rep today. He said his boss met w Ilford people within the last two weeks. Ilford was selling property to get out from under the bankruptcy. The sale fell through, but because there are adequate assets to sell, it is merely an issue of finding new buyers. He felt there was no reason to believe the paper buisness was in jeopardy.
Take it how ever you wish...

Stuart
Pages: [1]   Go Up