Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tip for every poundering and hesitating about buying an MF digital  (Read 5452 times)

gerald.d

Re: Tip for every poundering and hesitating about buying an MF digital
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 11:07:54 am »

Not having access to a good dealer sets you on the road to a bad MF experience.
If you don't have some sort of decent arrangement with a dealer who knows his stuff AND who you trust, do yourself a favor and don't get a digital back.

Edmund

Well I'm glad I never received this advice nor followed it when purchasing my IQ180.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

markmullen

• Mark Mullen Photography
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 06:10:42 pm »

Jjj , as Mr Smith says, The Flash Centre and Dale are both options, I deal with both of them a lot and they're both very good operations to deal with.

bcooter

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 04:19:18 am »

This is where the new Sony A7 (r) makes huge sense.

In the UK to rent an A7 is 63 pounds a day.  With VAT and shipping in slightly more than three weeks if you bought it.

Heck you could buy one, use it for work and tests, if you hated it sell it for half price and still come out way ahead.

If you needed it for a month, you could actually buy two and stay even to the cost of rental.

IMO

BC

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 08:42:18 am »

Jjj , as Mr Smith says, The Flash Centre and Dale are both options, I deal with both of them a lot and they're both very good operations to deal with.
They may well be, but I prefer local shops. If I ever need an urgent purchase, have an issue or problem with my current kit I can just pop into Harrison Cameras which a mere 15 min bike ride/car trip [used to be a 3 min walk].  3-4 hours round trip in car to do the same in a Leeds shop is not so attractive.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 08:54:13 am »

They may well be, but I prefer local shops. If I ever need an urgent purchase, have an issue or problem with my current kit I can just pop into Harrison Cameras which a mere 15 min bike ride/car trip [used to be a 3 min walk].  3-4 hours round trip in car to do the same in a Leeds shop is not so attractive.

That was how I viewed it too, when I was working in the UK. It's how I still view it, except that my local outlet has retrenched back to Barcelona - la crisis, you understand: nobody has any money, and I awaited three hospital visits back in September. There is still no word. My neigbour upstairs has just been bumped for the second time in over six months for a hip-replacement... it's not all in the sub-prime world.

When I think this all stemmed from greed within the usury fraternity, I could envisage the beauty of being a vigilante stalking various capitals... Bah! a pox on them all.

Rob C

jjj

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 09:23:57 am »

When I think this all stemmed from greed within the usury fraternity, I could envisage the beauty of being a vigilante stalking various capitals... Bah! a pox on them all.
I have toyed for a while with a script about something similarish.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

Most voters wanted the banks bailed out and the bankers to continue getting paid; they were more afraid of the risk involved in change than of 20 years of misery for themselves and their kids . In other words voters preferred to live as cold shorn sheep rather than let the wolves starve. Look at RBS where the bank was bailed out, taken over by the state, and kept paying the bonuses. Let's not complain about the way we are treated in our democracies if we have not first at least tried to make our voices heard through political process. Although, it is starting to look as if total impunity for fraud in the financial system might be a fatal flaw that might bring down the democracies themselves.

The same things is true in the NSA story. European democracies have citizen's rights to privacy, and guarantees against illegal search, written into their constitutions. Now it appears that all major security agencies in Europe  have signed agreements whereby they waived all their citizen's rights in favor of the US demand for surveillance - and in return benefitted with an echo-back of the surveillance data on their citizens. This is a political issue for the voters to address; if the voters do not demand their constitutional rights then they do not deserve these rights, and in fact it appears they have permanently lost them. I see no reason to protest this fact - as the current state of affairs could be changed by political process if there were a will.

Edmund

That was how I viewed it too, when I was working in the UK. It's how I still view it, except that my local outlet has retrenched back to Barcelona - la crisis, you understand: nobody has any money, and I awaited three hospital visits back in September. There is still no word. My neigbour upstairs has just been bumped for the second time in over six months for a hip-replacement... it's not all in the sub-prime world.

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:40:04 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jjj

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:31 pm »

Most voters wanted the banks bailed out and the bankers to continue getting paid; they were more afraid of the risk involved in change than of 20 years of misery for themselves and their kids.
Sorry, I do not recall any referendum on this topic in any country.

Besides if the question was something like being asked if you want to continue with current regime where dodgy practices result in some people becoming extremely rich or try another one where your kids may end up begging for food isn't likely to result in regime change via the polls. Forgetting of course that the current system has led to many  people losing their homes and large US cities turning into ghost towns.

Rob C

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 01:52:03 pm »

I wasn't aware that the UK had a written constitution... thought that was a US thing.

As for bailing out banks, it isn't that simple - it's not just about 'bankers' getting burned at all, which nobody other than they would have minded. Had RBS and HBOS not had intervention applied (and Northern Rock well before 2008), there would have been many thousands - if not millions - of normal depositors on the street, everything lost. You can't let that happen if there's a way out.

The problem isn't bail-outs: the problem is the poor fiscal controls that were, apparently, in place but were not applied because in some cases its the very same people who do both the gambling and the controlling. I repeat again: you should try to get to see the DVD Inside Job, which names names etc. and is an eye-opener as to the enormity of what and why, and also about who the people are in the universities, holding powerful positions relating to fiscal education, yet in their extra-campus rôles as consultants and advisers to government, were often the same dodos pulling everything down... the concept of perpetuation rings alarm bells. And those same players are still in place.

Regarding rights to privacy, the same thing applies to banking offshore. It was never illegal, and there are/were clear(ish) rules about who, where and when one could. Hosts of international law companies and accountants existed to advise. Then, the US leaned on Switzerland and she gave in. That was a mistake. It was the domino effect writ large, with the majority of the rest caving in. Many of those offshore bank branches are now pretty much pointless, and I suppose that it won't be long before most close and the islands turn to deserted ones, just like in the olde tales of the Spanish Main. Except that it'll spread far wider than that geographic zone.

There's a lot of misunderstanding around about offshore. It was never meant as a tax-free banking device: the obligation to post returns/interest etc. to some country or the other was always there, and it's almost impossible not to be either resident or domiciled somewhere.

So well done, Big Bro'; you blow it at home then seek to make amends by screwing everyone else.

Rob C

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 03:08:07 pm »

As I recall it, the banks were bailed out, and all those hardworking bankers kept their jobs despite managing their companies into the ground because their banks were "too big to fail"; however, it was decided not to forgive the loans on these actually valueless houses. Forgiving the loans would have been feasible -it could have been a not very expensive addition to the bailouts -  and it would have kept millions of men women and children in their homes, and prevented the predictable domino effect which you describe, but "would have been unfair to the many hardworking Americans who did not default on their mortgages."

:)

Edmund

Besides if the question was something like being asked if you want to continue with current regime where dodgy practices result in some people becoming extremely rich or try another one where your kids may end up begging for food isn't likely to result in regime change via the polls. Forgetting of course that the current system has led to many  people losing their homes and large US cities turning into ghost towns.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:46:33 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jjj

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 04:02:14 pm »

As I recall it, the banks were bailed out, and all those hardworking bankers kept their jobs despite managing their companies into the ground because their banks were "too big to fail"; however, it was decided not to forgive the loans on these actually valueless houses. Forgiving the loans would have been feasible -it could have been a not very expensive addition to the bailouts -  and it would have kept millions of men women and children in their homes, and prevented the predictable domino effect which you describe, but "would have been unfair to the many hardworking Americans who did not default on their mortgages."
Much better to let the guilty off and punish the innocent I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up