Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number of images in sessions?  (Read 1510 times)

pemihan

Number of images in sessions?
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:01:41 am »

I'm fairly new to Capture One and am in the process of getting to know it.
From what I can read catalog is not as mature as say Lightroom which I have been using so far.

I have my own organized folder structure which I want to keep that way and have so far been trying out C1 as one big session where I can browse all my folders as in Lightroom and I think I'll continue that way. I do all RAW adjustments in C1 and export as 16 bit TIFF. Import into Lightroom and open up in Photoshop if needed and then back to Lightroom

My question is how many images can you have in one session in C1 before it starts to slow things down?

Am I missing something in my workflow?

Thanks
Peter

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:06:27 am by pemihan »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Number of images in sessions?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:49:42 am »

Hi Peter,

I would perhaps try out the Catalogs for yourself and decide rather than going on what other people may have written.

If you already have an existing structure then this will be perfectly reflected in a Capture One Catalog, in the Folders area of the Library tool.

May I ask why you are then importing the 16bit tiff into Lightroom?  (Out of interest)

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

pemihan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:54:44 am »

Hi David,

How many images can you have in a catalog? Is there a limit before things slow down?
At the moment I have around 40.000 images growing with perhaps 6-8000 images per year..

Regarding importing 16 bit tiffs into Lightroom I do it mainly for B&W conversion in Silver Efex Pro.

Thanks
Peter

allegretto

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 08:19:13 pm »

Don't think there is a special number. You could store all 40K in one catalog. But then that becomes your root and you don't have a lower level of organization. One of the great things about C1 is the open architecture that allows you to organize the way your mind interfaces with the controls

You can import from LR directly into C1 No TIFF conversion I believe

Currently experimenting with Media Pro for a whole nested level of storage and filing solutions that wont interrupt my workflow in C1. Once you set your presets, C1 becomes truly amazingly smooth. Like it much better than LR...

You can trial Media Pro too...

See what David thinks...

pemihan

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 11:43:17 am »

Thanks, I'll see what David says about the number of images in a catalog..
Pages: [1]   Go Up