Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 firmware update notes / change log  (Read 1303 times)

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
Epson 9900 firmware update notes / change log
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:28 pm »

The computer tech / programmer in me likes always reading any type of update notes / change logs, to know everything that has been documented as having been changed.

My 9900 lists firmware "HW030B9,A000" on its internal website.

I see Epson's website has firmware update version HW129C5 for download, which contains paper feed adjustments to the control panel and improved speed and quality for 720x720 mode for certain photo media.

I don't need either of the two changes in the most recent firmware update, so won't be applying it.  (If not broken, don't fix it.)

What I don't know is whether there were any firmware versions between HW030B9 and HW129C5.  There may be changes in there I'd like, justifying upgrading the firmware to the most recent.

Contacted Epson, and they swear they don't maintain a list of firmware versions, can't see previous release notes, and have no archived download area for previous firmware updates.

If you religiously install firmware updates and don't delete the installation files, they'll exist in c:\epson\epsonXXXXX where XXXXX are numbers -- 14710 is for the most recent firmware.  Release notes should be in all those directories, hopefully.
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761
Pages: [1]   Go Up