Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choice of Landscape Wide Angle Lens  (Read 6347 times)

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
Re: Choice of Landscape Wide Angle Lens
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14:55 am »

Hmm. If I bought an ultra wide right now, I would likely get the 11-16. Though I am tempted by the Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 which could fill two roles. It's not an ultra-wide, but from what everyone is saying I don't really need one. I think I just need to do some more shooting with my 17-50 and see if I really want to go wider. Perhaps borrow my dad's 12-24 a few times.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 08:32:18 pm »

Don't forget...you can rent some of these lenses and see what works best before you buy.

I've seen a few of the 12-24mm Nikkor lenses for pretty nice prices well within your budget lately.

Until going FF, I make quite a few nice and large landscapes with this lens. It more than paid for itself shortly after its purchase. It worked well on my D300/s and D2x. I still have it awaiting the D300 replacement.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »

Don't forget...you can rent some of these lenses and see what works best before you buy.

I've seen a few of the 12-24mm Nikkor lenses for pretty nice prices well within your budget lately.

Until going FF, I make quite a few nice and large landscapes with this lens. It more than paid for itself shortly after its purchase. It worked well on my D300/s and D2x. I still have it awaiting the D300 replacement.

Yes, I may need to rent and try some of these lenses out.

I wonder if that D400 will ever come... My eyes keep drifting over to Fuji, Olympus, and Sony...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up