Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad start to prints on Epson 4900  (Read 918 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Bad start to prints on Epson 4900
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »

I'm still having problems with some clogs on my 4900 and just got some of the cleaning fluid from American Ink.  Will try that out in the next few days.

However, my prints are still looking good, except for the very first 1/8" inch of a print.  It's like it's having trouble starting but after the first swipe or so, it's fine. The yellow and black lines just before the red curtain are supposed to be there, but the fuzzy line, just at the bottom of this view, just inside the blue shouldn't be there. Thats the leading edge of the print.  This happens on every new print I do.  This particular image is one of two printed on the same roll of paper and the second image is fine. It's always the leading edge of a new print. 

I realize this may have something to do with the clogs, but it's weird that it just happens at the leading edge and then the rest of the print is fine.

Could it be something other than the clog causing this?
Mike Guilbault

Farmer

Re: Bad start to prints on Epson 4900
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »

Mike - check out the vacuum (suction) level (increase and decrease, to see if it makes a difference).

Might also want to try adjusting the PG one level either way.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:21:49 pm by Farmer »
Phil Brown

Mike Guilbault

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:21:34 pm »

How/where do I find that?  Nothing has changed (that I know of).  I printed a bunch of stuff this afternoon, and it was intermittent.  A few prints came out ok, but the occasional one now has this band at the leading edge.  I'll have to take a look again tomorrow when I'm back in the studio.
Mike Guilbault

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:23:41 pm »

It's on the control panel (and I just edited my message while you were replying, sorry :-) ).

The memory of the media can change depending on where on the roll (if using roll) or even just on cut sheets so there may be a more optimal setting for you.  Suction and PG are two areas that can affect the leading edge of prints in my experience, so worth looking at.
Phil Brown

Mike Guilbault

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 05:33:22 pm »

Thanks Phil... I'll check that tomorrow.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up