Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eneloop Pro batteries? Worth it?  (Read 10911 times)

eskuvo

Eneloop Pro batteries? Worth it?
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:53:34 am »

Anybody using Eneloop Pro batteries? they sell for twice as much as the regular ones.
They are higher capacity but rechargeable only 500x times.
I may just buy twice as many regular ones for much higher capacity....
Any experience with them?

SunnyUK

Re: Eneloop Pro batteries? Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:11:56 am »

It's just batteries. Compared to pretty much anything else photographic, their cost is (imho) completely insignificant. If you recharge them daily, you can expect 500 times to last 18 months. For the price I would simply recommend getting them if you want them.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 12:51:11 pm »

I have 1st gen, 2nd gen and XX (pro).  I find very little in use difference between the regular and XX using them exclusively in my speedlights.  Maybe they show a difference in other devices better. 

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:21:29 am »

Yep. Read about them and when Cosco got them a few years ago bought a couple of packs. Compared to all the rest of the rechargible batteries I've bought and used, these don't loose a charge in weeks, work well and don't have to be culled for bad cells.

They work as well as alkaline batteries for my flashes and other devices in my experience.

My old NiMH batteries would need constant chariots after a week, cells would need constant checking and were always a PIA.

I've gotten rid of most of these old batteries and upgraded to the Eneloop and I need many less. Well worth the additional cost difference IMO.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 12:03:23 pm »

Yep. Read about them and when Cosco got them a few years ago bought a couple of packs. Compared to all the rest of the rechargible batteries I've bought and used, these don't loose a charge in weeks, work well and don't have to be culled for bad cells.

They work as well as alkaline batteries for my flashes and other devices in my experience.

My old NiMH batteries would need constant chariots after a week, cells would need constant checking and were always a PIA.

I've gotten rid of most of these old batteries and upgraded to the Eneloop and I need many less. Well worth the additional cost difference IMO.

ditto
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Some Guy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:02 pm »

They do seem to hold a charge a lot longer than others.  Also, I found their stated mah rating to be pretty true as well, or maybe even a bit more than stated.  Some rechargeables I have say 3000mah on them, but test out to be maybe 2100mah in reality on my MaHa charger that does some preliminary testing and charging on them.  I've noticed they do seem to run a bit cooler too in my flash gear for some reason.  Never have had a leaky one yet either.  Can't same the same for old alkaline Duracell AA CopperTops that have leaked and ruined some stuff this past year.

SG

Deardorff

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:25 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/Imedion-2400mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries-4-Pack/dp/B003LWMZ5M/ref=sr_1_8/189-7345451-5065505?ie=UTF8&qid=1393088912&sr=8-8&keywords=powerex+aa+batteries

First, I am not involved in any way other than a user of these. They cost less than those you are asking about and work very well. Hold a charge well in storage. Read the customer reviews as some of them have really tested the batteries - a few directly against what you are asking about.

I have some PowerEx rechargeables that I have been using for more then 12 years now. A few have failed over that time. All of the everready and RayoVac I have bought have died within 2 years. The Eneloops still work after two years.

For long term in the case I would go with the Imedions and for heavy use where I am not worried about keeping them over a few months without use I would go with the PowerEx units.

Couple these with the very good chargers they offer and you have a nice combination that saves a lot over the years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up