Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite mouse for photoshop?  (Read 16228 times)

eskuvo

Favorite mouse for photoshop?
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:48:40 am »

What is your favorite mouse for photoshop?

I have used a Logitech g600 for a while and it just died after 3 months....

This was the last time I bought a Logitech!!!

What kind of mouse do you use for photo editing?

Thanks so much!!!!!!

jferrari

Re: Favorite mouse for photoshop?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:34:38 am »

Actually, for PS editing, I don't use a mouse. I use a Wacom Intuos tablet. In fact, the only time I use the Wacom is for PS editing.
Nothing changes until something changes.

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:46:41 am »

I used (and very much liked) a Razer Naga.  When Razer stopped updating the drivers, I switched to the Logitech G600. The only problem I've had is that in some apps it doesn't start tracking until after the mouse is moved (this is a known short-coming).

For "easy" work, I rely on my MacBook's built-in trackpad, which I use two-handed (right hand for movement and gestures; left for clicking).  For long work-sessions, I use an Intuos 4.

Each of those benefits from careful customization and acclimatization.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:20:10 am »

Logitech G500.

My buttons had an issue after some months. Got in touch with Logitech, and they shipped me a new one without me shipping and going through the hassles.
It is weighted and a nice large feel. programmable buttons and wheel. I also use a G510 Keyboard. Macro keys and backlit for dark rooms. This one has an issue with the volume wheel.
(Lets see how Logitech deals with this problem?)

I would use a wacom on detail stuff to retouch.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Martin Ranger

• My Website.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »

I would use a wacom on detail stuff to retouch.

+1
A Wacom (?) tablet is by far the best way to retouch. It takes a while to get your eyes on the screen and your hands with the tablet coordinated, but after that you most likely won't use a mouse for this again.

For more general use, I have replaced my mouse with a Logitech track ball. I was having problems with my wrists when using the mouse, and found that a track ball really helps.
Martin Ranger
Seattle, WA

www.martinrangerimages.com

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 02:25:44 am »

Years back I used to use a Kensigton Expert track ball mouse. I still think it maybe nice, but the G500 has a toggle to take the mouse from 2000dpi, down to 400dpi for super accurate and slow editing great for masking.  This is what made me switch back from the Wacom to a mouse.

davidedric

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:26 pm »

I use a mouse and a tablet together.   The tablet for "drawing" type activities,  and the mouse (mostly) when single or double  clicking is needed.    I seem to work faster that way (though it helps I have always used a mouse left handed,  even though I am naturally right handed).   Of  course you have to remember to lift the pen away from the tablet,  or things can get very confused.

Misirlou

• http://
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »

I prefer trackballs to mice. The reason is that it's easier to separate cursor movement from clicking with a trackball. I don't like the way you can sometimes move a mouse a very small amount when you press to click the buttons.

I particularly like the wireless Logitech M570 trackball. But before that, I used the standard Logitech corded optical trackballs where the ball falls under your thumb. I've beaten on them for years and years with zero failures.

For photo editing, I like a tablet/pen combo. Last one I got was a Wacom from their Bamboo series, and it has performed very well for me.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 05:20:29 pm »

The predecessor to the Logitech G500, the older G5.  It fits my hand better.  My first one went after 2-3 years of use, the right click button just wore out.  I bought two when I replaced it since it was being discontinued.  The whole series is AWESOME, you can't understand until you try one.  The adjustable weights mean it fits your motions perfectly.  Stable, as accurate as anything possible and super comfy.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 10:14:38 pm »

AWESOME, you can't understand until you try one.  The adjustable weights mean it fits your motions perfectly.  Stable, as accurate as anything possible and super comfy.

+1

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 11:22:40 am »

+1 for the Wacom. Working PS with a mouse is like sketching with a spud.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up