Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Pro 7 Windows - Pixels Missing at Edges  (Read 4601 times)

John Hollenberg

C1 Pro 7 Windows - Pixels Missing at Edges
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:24 pm »

I am investigating C1 Pro (considering purchase) and really like the colors and detail (especially the reds, very obvious on Fall color photos) compared to Lightroom.  One strange problem I ran into:  when I zoom to 100%, there is a thin margin of about 25-30 pixels that are missing from each of the 4 edges compared to the same image in Lightroom (CR2 files from 5D Mark 2).  I looked all over the place to see if there was a setting I am missing, but couldn't find a way to display the missing pixels.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?

A second novice question: how do I export a TIFF file from C1?  C1 has about the most unintuitive UI one could imagine, wasn't able to find it looking around the program.

Daf

Re: C1 Pro 7 Windows - Pixels Missing at Edges
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:26:41 am »

I had many different bugs on C1-7 on windows even with the last version.
All bugs are only on the windows version ...
As i'm familiar with C1, i bought the v7, but honestly too many bugs, so i went back to v6.
i opened a case at phaseone...but they told me, that even if i bought It 200$ : you can use the mac version, or just use the v6....
this was my best deal of the year.
then, even digital transition didn't reply my emails(Asking for a refund as it doesn't work ).

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 03:48:47 am »

I am investigating C1 Pro (considering purchase) and really like the colors and detail (especially the reds, very obvious on Fall color photos) compared to Lightroom.  One strange problem I ran into:  when I zoom to 100%, there is a thin margin of about 25-30 pixels that are missing from each of the 4 edges compared to the same image in Lightroom (CR2 files from 5D Mark 2).  I looked all over the place to see if there was a setting I am missing, but couldn't find a way to display the missing pixels.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Hi John,

Check the settings in your 'Lens Correction' tool in the Lens oriented toolset There is probably a lens selected, and the 'Distortion' slider is set to something else than zero. Also check the effect of the Hide Distorted Areas checkbox.

A second novice question: how do I export a TIFF file from C1?  C1 has about the most unintuitive UI one could imagine, wasn't able to find it looking around the program.

You can either use the File|Process menu option, or File|Export|Variants... (or its toolbar icon), depending on what you exactly want to do.

May I suggest you watch a couple of tutorial videos on the Phase One website, or their YouTube channel? Things become a lot easier once you've seen someone else explain and do it, including the highlighting of workflow benefits that are hidden for the casual user.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:31:43 am »

Check the settings in your 'Lens Correction' tool in the Lens oriented toolset There is probably a lens selected, and the 'Distortion' slider is set to something else than zero. Also check the effect of the Hide Distorted Areas checkbox.

That was it.  Distortion slider was set to 100%.   Apparently that is the default.  I was planning to watch the tutorials if I had enough interest to warrant the time.  That is my next task, as I am intrigued by C1 in spite of the strange UI.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:16 am »

then, even digital transition didn't reply my emails(Asking for a refund as it doesn't work ).

Haven't seen any emails, but email can be highly imperfect - spam filters, server issues etc.

If we haven't replied to an email within a few business hours then give us a call. Feel free to ask for Doug or support (I'm not in support but I'd be glad to help). Though we close at 2pm today for the holiday.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:53:47 am by Doug Peterson »

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:25:16 am »

how do I export a TIFF file from C1?

Or you could right-click on the image in the viewer or browser and select "Export - Variants"

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »

Daf,

What type of bugs?  Vr 7 to me is very stable, I have it installed in 4 different win7 environments on 2 Asus buildups and 2 macbookpros running bootcamp.  I am not a tethered user, so if that is the problem then I can't help much.   
DT for me has always been responsive, as was CI before.  Both are good points of reference for help on this software as are the training videos.

I found 7 to be much more stable than 6 and was a big user of 6. 

I am using it across my product line, Phase One, Canon, Nikon Sony and now Fuji.

I tend to contact my dealer first on serious issues with Phase One as their forum/problem tickets can be a bit confusing to me.  I also prefer to talk to someone in person, not over a web contact. 
I will also say that if you are win7 user then can possibly cause some issues since both the dealers I have worked with in the past are 100% Mac and I view that as a bit of an oversight.  But I guess they base it on their install base. 

One thing for sure, if you are having bugs, then you need to totally uninstall all past versions 6, 5, 4 etc.  The Capture One cache files (I use session only) will still open with 7.   
When I first installed 7 I did have some issues/bugs, after I totally uninstalled all past versions, I was fine. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Daf

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 10:27:43 am »

So i'll try it again...

If we haven't replied to an email within a few business hours then give us a call. Feel free to ask for Doug or support (I'm not in support but I'd be glad to help). Though we close at 2pm today for the holiday.
[/quote]

Daf

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 10:45:09 am »

LCC doesn't work for .MOS file from old Aptus.
Strange pixels crossing lines in the center of the image, probably overcorrecting the centerfold.
Only on Wndows versions, works fine on MAC version.
But as i'm only working with a techcam, i always need lcc correction.
In fact i bought C1/7 only for the LCC workflow...
Anyway, we'll see

Daf,

What type of bugs?  

Paul Caldwell

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 04:17:31 am »

Ah, thanks Bart. That's cleared up something I'd noticed as well!

Ian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 05:25:32 am »

Ah, thanks Bart. That's cleared up something I'd noticed as well!

You're welcome Ian. The difficulty with such feature rich Raw conversion tools is that it also becomes easy to overlook the obvious. When learning a new tool I tend to walk through each menu option and all controls in turn, and then try to remember that they are there, and what they are for.

That usually helps, but I also sometimes need to refresh the acquired knowledge, and remind myself why I chose the style presets as I did some time ago. Threads like these also help to jog the memory.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

LCC doesn't work for .MOS file from old Aptus.
Strange pixels crossing lines in the center of the image, probably overcorrecting the centerfold.
Only on Wndows versions, works fine on MAC version.
But as i'm only working with a techcam, i always need lcc correction.
In fact i bought C1/7 only for the LCC workflow...
Anyway, we'll see

My understanding is that these leaf-related issues were fixed in 7.1.5. Is that the version you're using?

I'm also confused how these issues didn't come up when you were using the free trial prior to purchasing it.

Office opens on Monday, glad to have you call if you're still having problems.

Daf

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 04:12:29 pm »

C1/6 works fine so i haven't try v7 before to buy it...
Yes i'm on the 7.1.5, and it doesn'work. 
Phaseone told me that is a back problem...but i must say that it is running well on mac With v7, and on windows with v6, so i think we can say : it is a windows software problem....

Pages: [1]   Go Up