Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent  (Read 2656 times)

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:15:43 pm »

Roger Cicala is like the anti [he who shall not be named whose initials are KR and whose names is deliberately excluded here to avoid increasing his web traffic].  

His articles are both technically rigorous and at the same time practical about real world concerns.  I like the fact that his methodology utilizes such large sampling of lenses giving him a unique perspective on sample variation and strengths and weaknesses of individual lenses.  

He's also funny: The Cynic’s Photography Dictionary

I think Roger may be the next photography blogger superstar after MR[;D] and KR[;) :P].
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 04:01:22 pm »

+1

I enjoy Roger's articles and he is a great source of good info.

Buying a couple of thousands of lenses each year and testing all of them gives some insights, and Roger's articles are great!

Best regards
Erik

Roger Cicala is like the anti [he who shall not be named whose initials are KR and whose names is deliberately excluded here to avoid increasing his web traffic].  

His articles are both technically rigorous and at the same time practical about real world concerns.  I like the fact that his methodology utilizes such large sampling of lenses giving him a unique perspective on sample variation and strengths and weaknesses of individual lenses.  

He's also funny: The Cynic’s Photography Dictionary

I think Roger may be the next photography blogger superstar after MR[;D] and KR[;) :P].
Erik Kaffehr

Misirlou

• http://
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:51:46 pm »

And his business is great too. I rented a bunch of gear from them last month, and was able to make some valuable purchase decisions based on what I learned from that.

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

Roger Cicala is a retired anesthesiologist, and brings a scientific outlook to the lens business. Go to his blog to view the results of the PhotoGeek contest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up