Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stackshot and Helicon remote  (Read 15245 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: Stackshot and Helicon remote
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 03:49:49 am »

You mean Helicon Remote?

It sounds like you're not using Helicon Remote. I think, for the images I make with the rail, that I won't use it either. Even if can get it working, I don't see how it's going to help much. The only advantage I see is automatic calculation of the number and location of the images, and I can do that like it seems you are, with a DOF table. The other thing Helicon Remote could do for me is provide me with a larger live view window, but I realy don't see any reason to use live view in this project at all.

We'll see what happens when I get into the field.

Thanks for you help.

Jim

Yes, you are right Helicon remote.

BAB

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 09:58:56 am »

Bart nice work on your depth of field output calc
One thing could you fix a bug in the program that froze my iPad that is when you select generic subjects and want to change the field to a blank choice again if you go to select the error message comes up but freezes the iPad no way out except to go to setting/ safari and clear cookies and data!

Also a quick question what would be the pupil factor for a hasse 120mm ll on a h5d?
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 11:57:08 am »

Bart nice work on your depth of field output calc

Hi,

You're welcome.

One thing could you fix a bug in the program that froze my iPad that is when you select generic subjects and want to change the field to a blank choice again if you go to select the error message comes up but freezes the iPad no way out except to go to setting/ safari and clear cookies and data!

Sorry for that, you are the first to report that. I do not have an iPad, so I cannot test that behavior myself, but it doesn't do that on my Android phone, nor on my PC tested with 3 different (IE, Firefox, Chrome) browsers. Maybe someone else can try if it is iPad/Safari specific?  Selecting one of the generic presets fills in several parameters, does the resulting calculations for other fields, and then specifically changes the selector back to the first '-- Select --' position of the list of choices. Selecting that same '-- Select --', is ignored (only a change triggers an action), so I do not understand how that could have any adverse effect.

Best I can do for now is to advise not doing that ..., as unsatisfactory as it may be. Maybe it's a Safari bug, I'll do some searching.

Also a quick question what would be the pupil factor for a hasse 120mm ll on a h5d?

I don't know and cannot determine it for that that specific lens because I do not have a copy available, but you can determine it yourself approximately, by looking through the lens against a bright background, at arms length,  from the rear and from the front, and measure the apparent (exit and entrance) pupils diameters. The Exit/Entrance pupil ratio is the pupil factor. If you want to be even more specific, you need to focus the lens at the intended focus distance. When no pupil factor is known, a value of 1.0 is commonly used.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up