Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2490wuxi2, color temp variance across screen by 150k ish  (Read 1305 times)

nigelgardiner

NEC 2490wuxi2, color temp variance across screen by 150k ish
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »

Hi

I've got a 2490wuxi2 running off a mid 2011 mac mini calibrated via spectraview with about 3500 hours on it, calibrated to 6500k and 140c/dm (or whatever that unit is).
All has been fine but recently I've been noticing a difference in color temp left to right that is visible to my eye against white or grey(even tones) and is measurable via the spectraview colormeter to about 150k diff left to right.
I've tried another dvi cable but that made no difference.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this and/or does anyone know where the problem lies? Guess it could either be the mac mini or the monitor?

Any advice gratefully received.

thanks
Nigel.

D Fosse

Re: NEC 2490wuxi2, color temp variance across screen by 150k ish
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:31:49 pm »

Since nobody has come up with any better explanations - perhaps some firmware panel correction has stopped working for some reason. And if so, perhaps a reset to factory defaults could be a thing to try.

I'm just guessing, but monitors from manufacturers with less stringent quality control frequently show uneven color, like this example:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19526218.aspx

nigelgardiner

Re: NEC 2490wuxi2, color temp variance across screen by 150k ish
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 11:06:40 pm »

Hi, thanks, will give it a try and see what happens.
What I'm seeing is a very mild version of the example you linked to. Noticeable enough to be a problem tho.

cheers
Nigel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up