Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need new lights, hensel or profoto or ???  (Read 3803 times)

stacibeth

need new lights, hensel or profoto or ???
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »

I currently have the hensel integra pro plus monolights and I'm in the market for a few more heads, and I'm wondering how they compare to some of the other monolights out there? I'm wondering if I should buy a few profotos? Or just stick with the hensels? Does anyone have experience with both or any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

BD Mason

Re: need new lights, hensel or profoto or ???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »

Has nobody replied to your Q?
 I have a number of Hensel Integra Pro Plus monolights myself, I like them a lot, but I prefer their various Porty heads, (EH Pro P, Mini EH Pro P) because of their compact robust build, and portability.
Though you need 300 watt modeling lights to shoot effectively indoors, so Monolights work best, Unless cost is no issue, then I would take the newest Lithium Porty pack with the additional AC mains unit, and standard EH Pro Mini heads that have 300w modeling lights and fans, then you have the best of booth worlds. The cost of a Hensel Porty Lithium 12 + AC Mains + 2 Mini heads = $6,000.
The newest Hensel EH Pro mini speed LED heads, (not seen in the U.S. yet) have LED modeling lights that advertise to be as bright as a standard head, but portable? I will have to see to believe.

I understand Hensel's Expert D 500 monolights are outstanding in every way, Lighter, under 1 second recycle times, and 3X shorter flash duration of the Integra Pro Plus. If you plan on using your lights until they are dead Hensel is impossible to beat, Light Quality, Build Quality cupeled with their prices.

The only draw back (IMO) is Hensel's resale value here in the U.S., it is about 35-50% compared to Profoto & Broncolor which have 70-80%, so if you think you will ever move on then the Profoto D1 500/1000ws Air-S monolights are the best of the best. The Air-S wireless system is also usable on all (2014) current Hensel Lithium Porty and AC Nova packs, also the Expert D500 mono's.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »

"I'm wondering if I should buy a few Profotos?"

So you want to keep up with two sets of incompatible reflectors and light bank speedrings? if you want Profoto monolights the ones worth buying (and they aren't cheap) are the new B1 models.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:08:07 am »

or ... Or go Broncolor (Brieze if you can).

When you start shooting on a Bron' system, you understand quickly why it worth the money spent. At a light level ... well... it is simply excellent. Of course you'll need a learning curve to use it efficiently.

So sell your whole stuff and go Broncolor (or Briese).

- Broncolor Scoro S 3200 RFS 2
- 3 Litos light head
- 1 Para 88 P Kit
- 1 Para 177 P Kit
- 1 Beauty Dish reflector
- Diffusers for para.

Then buy a little efficient light system for outdoor, like an Elinchrom Ranger quadra with two light boxes, a deep 70 and a rota 100.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:38:08 am by Hulyss »
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up