Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GX7 DNGs and Mac OSX 10.8.5  (Read 1412 times)

pflower

GX7 DNGs and Mac OSX 10.8.5
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:41:18 am »

Not sure that this is the right place to post this, but I suspect someone might know the answer.  Also this is of no particular importance - just curiosity.

I have just bought a Panasonic GX7 and have been playing around with it with the 3 Panasonic lenses I have (20mm f1.7; 14-140 and the kit lens that came with it - the 14-42).  I have also used a Voigtlander 21mm with an adapter.  But since I am still on LR 4.4 I convert the files to DNGs.  Now the DNGs files with the Panasonic lenses are displayed in the finder with the generic dng symbol, but the files taken with the Voigtlander 21mm have a proper preview.  What is it about the manual Voigtlander lens that the Mac OS recognises and translates into a preview whilst being unable to deal with the files made with the m4/3 lenses which communicate with the body?

Again pure curiosity.  Anyone got any thoughts?

sandymc

Re: GX7 DNGs and Mac OSX 10.8.5
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »

Don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the DNGs made with the Panasonic lenses have lens correction information embedded in them that Aperture can't handle, while the Voigtlander doesn't.

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up