Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printing from InDesign.  (Read 1819 times)

designpartners

• Design Partners
printing from InDesign.
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:15:38 pm »

Hi All,

we normally print from lightroom or photoshop. we have a colour managed workflow on certain PC's but some of our users who create presentations to be sent out of house use bright screens.

normally when printing images created on these systems from lightroom, I simply brighten the image slightly and it works well - we do a test print.

but printing from indesign, I don't see an easy way to handle this. anybody know a solution? an easy way to brighten a multipage (from 5-50) page presentation?

Thanks for any help

James

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: printing from InDesign.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:34:21 am »

If you are not printing colour managed the simplest way to do this would be to use any adjustments available in the printer dialogue – if it allows you any.  To be absolutely clear, any adjustments would be courtesy of the printer driver – so click "Printer…" on the first page of the InDesign Print dialogue.  For my printer some adjustments, including brightness, come-up under 'Color Options'.  BTW I'm on a Mac.  Hope this helps.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:00:05 pm »

I'd love an answer to this.  A workaround I've used is to export to HQ JPG and print from Qimage as I usually do. 

I can't recall if InDesign automatically changes the profile to sRGB when exporting to JPG.  I believe it's manageable.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:49 am »

• Open InDesign, Bridge & Photoshop.
  • In each program synchronize the color settings. Use Bridge for this.
  • Open the document in InDesign.
  • Verify you are in RGB mode.
  • Export one or all pages as a high rez, RGB PDF.
  • Open the page you wish to print in Photoshop. Maintain its resolution & tagged color.
  • Make your brighten/darken adjustments. Save the file.
  • Convert to the proper ICC output profile and print.
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up