Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The crater at Mitzpe Ramon Israel  (Read 4244 times)

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
The crater at Mitzpe Ramon Israel
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:25:36 pm »

I have been on assignment in Israel for a couple of weeks photographing Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. I took a two day break and went to the Negev desert and stayed on the edge of the crater at Mitzpe Ramon. I was hoping for crystal clear skies but alas, this November in Israel has been very hazy.
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
Re: The crater at Mitzpe Ramon Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:39:28 pm »

Hello,

Sorry the weather wasn't what you hoped for. This is a magnificent location, though somewhat difficult to capture in photographs. I have been working in this place for more than ten years and of course that helps - I mean being there a lot. I do keep going back - in fact I am leading a three-day workshop there from January 14-16. (Anyone who is interested should go to my website www.visiongallery.com and click on "workshops" - http://visiongallery.com/index.php?tPath=1_3_396.)

I've attached a couple images from work I did there for my Celestial Nights series and a couple other landscapes, more recent, all from the crater (machtesh) - as you can see from the night photographs, the skies were clearer than you experienced.

I'm happy to provide information for you or anyone who wants information about this area - it's well worth spending some time there photographing.

Best wishes,
Neil Folberg

aboudd

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 04:39:20 pm »

Dear Neil,

We met in 1999 when I came to your gallery and bought one of your large Evergreen prints of a synagogue interior as well as a couple of your books.  I believe the photograph was the artist's proof that kicked off the series. I treasure it to this day. 

Regards,

Aboud Dweck
www.dweckgallery.com

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:21:54 am »

Hello Aboud,

If you're still in Israel come visit (the gallery is till there and I tend to be there myself on Mondays & Tuesdays) - and thanks for your kind remarks!

Neil

aboudd

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:27:49 pm »

Dear Neil,

I saw your note a bit too late. I came home on the 20th. Next time I'll make a point to come see you. Happy Hanukah to you and your family.

Regards,

Aboud
www.dweckgallery.com

Telecaster

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 08:07:31 pm »

I love the Negev. Spent many a week there in my 20s hiking and photographing. I find in the desert you always end up running across interesting characters too (see attached photo).   ;)

-Dave-

mbaginy

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 03:46:19 am »

Nice images of the Mechtesh Ramon!  In former times, I worked for a company somewhat to the north (in Kibbutz Revivim).  Always enjoyed visiting the company and traveling the area.  One of my dreams was to photograph within the Machtesh at night but sadly, that never happened.

It was a pleasure viewing your shots, which brought back pleasant memories.  Thanks for posting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up