Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24" Printer advice?  (Read 4016 times)

arlon

• Pbase account
Re: 24" Printer advice?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 08:10:38 am »

I'm pretty much doing the same thing (using as a "starter").  Had mine for a few weeks and there is a ton to learn. Some early frusteration but nothing that was the printers fault. Good luck with the new adventure.
Honey, did you bring an extra battery?

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:57 pm »

...probably going to start with the easywrappe system.

Do some experimenting with this before committing.

I did about a dozen tests. The package was way below expectations for a number of reasons. Some get good results, but this is an iffy product at best, and questionable for stability over time due to the use of multiple methods they use to bond the image to the frame and bond the frame together. Plus even when done to the letter of their guidelines it does not make for a very tight wrap.

It’s mostly for the enthusiast/prosmer, IMO.

steveclv

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 04:11:31 pm »

Thanks Justan

I will definitely look into it - I understand your point and will experiment. Some people swear by the traditional systems and I am not averse to them - just if I can find a simpler system that I can get my assistants to do then it leaves me more time to do other things.

Ian99

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 05:46:56 pm »

I have not tried Easy-Wrappe, but I have used what I think was the original patented version by IG Wrap. Hahnemuhle license it and it works fine. I do not know what the arrangement is with Breathing Color who I believe market Easy-Wrappe, which is a slightly different product.

Try it and see if you like it. A lot depends on where your market is from an evolutionary basis. For me, Gallery Wraps are pretty old-hat and I do not find much difference in cost between the Easy-Wrappe solution and doing it the “proper way”.

I followed the advice of Dan Berg on this forum and am doing exactly the same as I think Justan is doing – print 24” wide, glue to a backing board, varnish, then frame in the normal manner.

The board must be something that does not warp – gatorboard or masonite or something similar.

A framed piece often looks better and can command a higher price than a gallery wrap and the costs are not  that much different.

Try it both ways so you have the experience to judge which is better for you and your market.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up