Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7R, intersting comaprision ...  (Read 44420 times)

bcooter

Re: Sony A7R, intersting comaprision ...
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2013, 06:02:37 am »

BC,

Nice to hear! You really need the bill delivered on a fork lift? Never heard about PDF(cc) ?

Best regards
Erik

No we work electronically.  I was just making a point because I hate generalities and as foolish as this may sound I'm proud of my profession.

Not every photographer is living off a trust fund, or lifting the mastercard from his mother's purse, or marries into money.

But I use to like when the amex bill came in on paper because I could highlight the items that proved how stupid I was.

Also writing a check was painful and made me more aware.  Now it's just a spread sheet.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:23:27 pm by bcooter »

Manoli

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2013, 07:42:13 am »

But I use to like when the bill came in on paper because I could highlight the items that proved how stupid I was.

Ever tried printing out a pdf ?

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2013, 09:11:04 am »

What's printing?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

TMARK

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2013, 09:40:21 am »

I make them send me paper.  I'm not letting AMEX shift the cost of paper and printing to me.

bcooter

« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »

I think the photo industry is a s__t magnate and even knowing that I love the profession.

I grow weary of the view that a photographer or artist is a guy with dirty jeans that can't pay his rent, do business, multitask, run an honest company and still produce viable content.

Now saying all of that I believe that most the people on this forum are the best of photography.  Not the best photographers (that covers a lot of territory), but the best intentioned.

This really isn't a forum to gain fame or a twitter following, this is a place to talk gear, a little business, a little life with a common bond.

This is a good place, especially since after every project I spend horrid hours watching three computers transcode, encode, decode and explode.

BC
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:30:03 pm by bcooter »

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2013, 04:13:46 pm »

Shit.  That reminds me; I need to wash my jeans.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2013, 04:17:18 pm »

I think the photo industry is a s__t magnate and even knowing that I love the profession.

I grow weary of the view that a photographer or artist is a guy with dirty jeans that can't pay his rent, do business, multitask, run an honest company and still produce viable content.

Now saying all of that I believe that most the people on this forum are the best of photography.  Not the best photographers (that covers a lot of territory), but the best intentioned.

This really isn't a forum to gain fame or a twitter following, this is a place to talk gear, a little business, a little life with a common bond.

This is a good place, especially since after every project I spend horrid hours watching three computers transcode, encode, decode and explode.

BC

Great input! :-)  too true
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

MrSmith

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »

Shit.  That reminds me; I need to wash my jeans.

Surely every photographer wears cone mills/Okinawa selvage and just dry cleans them now and again?

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2013, 02:19:32 am »

I guess every region has their own marketing and process hype to create a brand and charge $250 for a pair of denim that originally cost $30 just 20 years ago, perhaps before there was a market for "elite denim".
Sure they're more supple soft and form fitting....also thinner, faster wearing, easy rip, harder to replace with same form-cut..... and When was denim born?  Sometimes production efficiency is a cost the manufacturer gains from the buyer, and hypes it as a "better" product. Raw cotton must be getting scares.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

TMARK

« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »

Yes, but only for a week before tossing them to the Salvation Army.

Surely every photographer wears cone mills/Okinawa selvage and just dry cleans them now and again?

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2013, 09:37:31 pm »

Yes, but only for a week before tossing them to the Salvation Army.

Romeo Shrimp meet Satokibi

This forum is indeed educational

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up