Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Valley  (Read 25132 times)

Lightsmith

Re: Death Valley
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 06:41:03 pm »

I have always seen more when I have had the services of a guide and good guide books (like the Photo Secrets book on San Francisco and Northern California) than by taking a trial and error approach. If I had a year at a location I could explore different areas and learn which ones are best at which times of year and during any time of year which are better in morning and which are better late in the day and where to shoot mid-day.

Those of us who cannot dedicate that amount of time to an area, if smart, will investigate beforehand and seek advice based on the experience of others. Otherwise these forums become an exercise in ego building and self gratification which is something that should have been outgrown.

Peter McLennan

Re: Death Valley
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 06:39:43 pm »

I recommend Eureka Dunes and Ibex Dunes;  Both very picturesque locations. Eureka is reachable in a normal car, but Ibex--due only to sand in the roadway--requires AWD or 4WD.

Absolutely.  If you have any way of spending the night there, it's a great location.  I've been to Eureka Dunes several times and I rarely have to share the dunes, especially at dawn.

Obviously not a dawn shot, but also please notice the complete lack of footprints. : )

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up