Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CC/LR5:What happened?  (Read 2614 times)

walter.sk

Photoshop CC/LR5:What happened?
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »

I've been using the $9.99 Cloud subscription for Photoshop CC and LR 5.2 for a while with no problems.  Today I checked for updates and found a bunch, which I downloaded and installed.  On opening LR and PS I got messages that Windows encountered a problem and had to shut down the programs.  After I rebooted, I got them both to open. 

LR seems to operate as it had, with all of the new features including the lens correction stuff, etc.  When I tried Photoshop CC by opening a raw file in ACR, the lens correction panel was the old one, without the Level, Auto, Vertical, etc. adjustments.  After opening the file from ACR into PS, I went to
Filters>Sharpen.  Lo and behold: the Reduce Camera Shake, or whatever the actual name of it is, was missing; not grayed out, but missing.  For some reason, Adobe seems to have un-upgraded some features.

I went to the menu to try new upgrades and got the message that there are none and that I am up to date.  However, when I checked "About Photoshop" I got Photoshop CC v14.0 x32.  The photoshop icon I had pinned to my task bar in Win 7 had been for the 64 bit version and somehow had changed when I "upgraded."  When I opened  PSCC64, it was v14.1.2x64, and it had the correct Lens Correction panel as well as Sharpen>Shake Reduction.

The 32bit version is still behind and incorrect, as stated above.  What happened?  There doesn't seem to be any way to upgrade it.  I even tried trashing the prefs file, but nothing changed.  Fortunately I never use the 32 bit version, but I can't figure out what happened.

KenS

• Spark of Light Photography
Re: Photoshop CC/LR5:What happened?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:04:07 pm »

Sorry I can't answer your question.

But, since I've been thinking about upgrading from CS5 to $9.99 Photoshop CC/LR in December I am very interested in finding out if/when your problems are solved.  Since I use a Wacom tablet, Topaz products, Helicon Focus, and Photokit Sharpener it would also be of great interest to me to learn if you have any of these products and if they work with CC?

Thanks, and good luck.
Ken

paulziets

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »

Ken,
I am using CC, 64 bit, and make extensive use of Topaz plug-ins with absolutely no problems. I also use a Wacom tablet - I'd be lost without it.
Paul

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 12:22:59 pm »

I still can't figure out what happened on the first upgrade attempt, but I then went to the Adobe website and downloaded and installed the LR and Photoshop CC/Camera Raw release candidates.  The installations went well, and things are working the way they are supposed to.  The 32-bit version of PSCC does not have the Filter/Sharpen/Camera Shake choice, but I never use the 32 bit versions any way.

Topaz and my tablet work fine, as do the NIK/Google filters.

KenS

• Spark of Light Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.  Glad to hear all is working again too.
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up