Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to return paper to Epson - contact info?  (Read 1112 times)

AFairley

Want to return paper to Epson - contact info?
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »

I have a bad box of Exhibition Fiber I want Epson to exchange, but can't find a contact number (U.S.A.) to set it up on their website.  Anyone know how to go about it?

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Want to return paper to Epson - contact info?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:59:09 pm »

Here is the number I call: 888-377-6611
I returned several rolls of defective canvas a year or so ago and they've exchanged them, no problem.

I don't use the paper you cite but I've noticed very tiny scratches in some sample packs I tried. One thing is certain about that paper -- it's VERY easy to put more scratches into it if not extremely careful.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:02:00 pm by louoates »

slackercruster

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:29 pm »

Return it for an exshange? You will just get another box of curled crap from them.

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »

Return it for an exshange? You will just get another box of curled crap from them.

I've run probably 200 44" rolls of Epson canvas, with only two rolls with noticeable defects which they promptly replaced.
I've had even fewer problems with Epson's Enhanced Matte paper in 44" rolls and 13x19 sheets.
Pretty good track record.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:26:57 pm »

Just curious what issue your having with the roll of paper.  It is notoriously difficult to get rolled EEF paper through a printer without some micro scratches, even with increasing platen width etc. 

André Denis

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 11:42:17 pm »

Concerning micro scratches on EEF roll paper:  a friend called Epson and they suggested to increase drying time between head passes.  He tried it with some success.  A lot less scratches, if not completely gone. 

This implies that the scratches are made during the printing process.  They are parallel to the long side, but not perfectly straight.

Regards,
A.
Pages: [1]   Go Up