Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexjet Sunset Matte Production Canvas?  (Read 3577 times)

Kanvas Keepsakes

Lexjet Sunset Matte Production Canvas?
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:44:05 pm »

Anyone on here familiar with this particular canvas?  The sales rep told me it's a lot cheaper than what I normally buy (Fredricks) but that the only difference is that it's thinner.  Will this affect the longevity of the canvas?  Will this cause it to sag quicker than thicker canvas?

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Lexjet Sunset Matte Production Canvas?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »

I’ve been using Lexjet Sunset Matt it for nearly 4 years now. I don’t do gallery wraps and instead glue the canvas to a substrate. I haven’t had any problems nor have I received any complaints from customers. It has been consistently high quality. My only complaint is that LexJet should put a foam wrap around the tube so that the canvas doesn’t get a seam that forms over the last 6’ or so. That makes the last part of the roll either a tosser or only suitable for short pieces.

Roscolo

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:29:27 pm »

I've used lots of Sunset Select Matte, the cotton/poly BLEND, NOT the production canvas. Switched to Simply Elegant cotton/poly matte though. As good or better than Sunset and less expensive. I use profiles I built for Sunset Select Matte on Simply Elegant and can't see a difference. Printing mostly repros of paintings.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:41:35 pm by Roscolo »

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:57 am »

Well I was using Sunset Select Matte as well for a while.  It sells at 40ft rolls.  This production canvas sells at 60ft rolls and SSMC is about $1.04 sq/ft while production line is about .62cents sq/ft.  Anyone used this particular one?  Supposedly according to LJ they have a lot of customers using that one (big online canvas print shops).

TSJ1927

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:43:23 am »

The keyword here is "Production Canvas".  This is their 100% Poly (300gsm) canvas.  I've tried it but did not like the look nor feel (Cheap comes to mind).  However it prints fine, so I use the rest of the roll for test prints.  I do use their Sunset poly/cotton series often.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:22 am »

^ I didn’t know that was a different model of canvas. Never used it.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:12:20 am »

I switched from Sunset Matte to "Production Matte" and I see no difference on-print.  It's less expensive, stretches easier and looks the same.

The "Production" canvas appears to be all or nearly all synthetic material and is thinner and lighter than than Sunset Matte, but once it's stretched on the frame, it is indistinguishable from the thicker material.  It shows no stretching or sagging issues after a year.

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »

Thanks for that info, Peter.  I was debating to try it out or not.  I'll be ordering that next time.  When I talk to people down here about why my pricing is more expensive than online retailers and the difference in canvas quality blah blah they're like, "So?  I won't be alive in 100yrs to see it still hanging on my wall."  :/

TSJ1927

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »

Here are three types of matt canvas.  Epson and two types of lexjet. Care to guess which is the 100% Poly "Elvis" style ?

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 05:50:24 pm »

#2?

TSJ1927

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 06:15:39 pm »

wrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up