Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uprezing comparison  (Read 1567 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Uprezing comparison
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:35:58 pm »

Has anyone done or seen a comparison of the results using the LR5 print module vs Perfect Resize when making blowups of their images?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

AFairley

Re: Uprezing comparison
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:49:38 pm »

I've compared LR and Genuine Fractals 6 and Photozoom Pro 5 uprezzing a 16MP micro 4/3 image to print at 360 ppi (Epson native resolution for normal quality) on 17x22" paper with a little cropping.  That's around a 180% uprez.  GF and PZ were roughly equivalent, LR was inferior.  You could see staircase artifacts on diagonals in the LR uprez that were not present in the GF and PZ uprez.  That said, it's not something you would notice if you nose was more than a foot from the print. But the difference is there.  Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the comparisons handy any more.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Uprezing comparison
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »

I use P both CS-6 and Perfect Resize.

I'd give a little nod to Perfect Resize, especially on the 300-400% enlarging from marginal images. My experience with that uprising is based upon bad and low-res scans from history photographs that I needed to produce large and wasn't able to get a proper scan. The prints I needed to produce were mainly 30x40 to 40x60 canvas for the public areas of a local resort hotel. Even viewing within a few feet, the prints are stunning.

I've pretty much used the canned settings and sharpening in Perfect Resize and didn't really need to do much tweaking after other than to "tone" the image.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up