Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge Review mode....  (Read 3146 times)

Onslow

Bridge Review mode....
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:26:40 am »

Does anyone know of a tool or plugin for the review mode in Bridge? Specifically, I would find it incredibly useful to have a counter in this mode so that as images are dropped from review, the counter decreases. Most of my work consists of providing a set number of images. This varies by job so I may need to reduce the set from 3-500 or so down to say 50.
If there was a counter in this mode it would be invaluable. Does anyone know of such a beast?
Currently, I do a set, save and see how many are in it, review again and keep doing this till I get to the target number of images. This can be slow.
Cheers

Onslow

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Re: Bridge Review mode....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 06:39:05 am »

Could you use a smart collection in Bridge to do this?

Onslow

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:47:10 am »

I can't imagine how a smart collection could be as quick as the review mode. I find it extremely quick for culling. Just a counter would make it perfect.
If you have any suggestion though as to how the smart collection could be faster, I would appreciate it.
Currently I cull in review mode, save the collection, see how many are in the collection and then cull again, etc etc until I get to my target number....
Cheers

Onslow

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

I don't know if there's a plug-in, but here's an easy workflow.

• Select all the images (command-a) and give them one color rating (e.g., command-6, which gives them a red label).
  • Deselect all images.
  • In the Filter tab, click the command-6/red group. This removes any non-red labeled images from the content tab (which shows the thumbnail images).
  • Click an image in the content area and select-all (command-a).
  • Hit the space bar to view the image full-screen.
  • Hit the right arrow to progress through the group.
  • When you come to a keeper, give it a different rating (e.g., command-7, giving that image a yellow label).
  • As you re-label each image it drops from the selected/red group (i.e., the command-6/red labeled group) and joins the yellow group.
  • As you change the rating/label of each image, the image count in one rating group will decrease and the other will increase.
  • Hit the space bar to go back to normal view and see the file count of each group.

In the amount of time it took to type this out, I could've easily culled 200 images down to 50.

Using multiple labels (command-6, -7, -8, -9) you can easily whittle a large amount of images down to a final selection in a relatively short amount of time using this workflow.
~ CB

Onslow

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »

I don't know if there's a plug-in, but here's an easy workflow.

• Select all the images (command-a) and give them one color rating (e.g., command-6, which gives them a red label).
  • Deselect all images.
  • In the Filter tab, click the command-6/red group. This removes any non-red labeled images from the content tab (which shows the thumbnail images).
  • Click an image in the content area and select-all (command-a).
  • Hit the space bar to view the image full-screen.
  • Hit the right arrow to progress through the group.
  • When you come to a keeper, give it a different rating (e.g., command-7, giving that image a yellow label).
  • As you re-label each image it drops from the selected/red group (i.e., the command-6/red labeled group) and joins the yellow group.
  • As you change the rating/label of each image, the image count in one rating group will decrease and the other will increase.
  • Hit the space bar to go back to normal view and see the file count of each group.

In the amount of time it took to type this out, I could've easily culled 200 images down to 50.

Using multiple labels (command-6, -7, -8, -9) you can easily whittle a large amount of images down to a final selection in a relatively short amount of time using this workflow.

Thanks for that Chris, this is very similar to what I do already. I have no idea how many images are selected until I drop out of the review or full screen mode. When I then see how many I have selected, I then need to go back into the review mode or in case of your suggestion, full screen mode, try and remember how many are still to be culled, count them do down and go through the process again. It is a bit clunky..
The review mode with a real time counter would be the preferred solution.
Thanks for your thoughts though.. :)
Cheers

Onslow

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:56:46 am »

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage of review mode over full mode for image culling?  If you stayed in full mode you would be able to see the filter tallies as you assigned labels or ratings.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

Onslow

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 06:58:15 pm »

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage of review mode over full mode for image culling?  If you stayed in full mode you would be able to see the filter tallies as you assigned labels or ratings.
The advantage may be psychological. However, I find the grey uncluttered background allows me to concentrate on the image. As I drop an image from the collection, I only ever see images I have selected OR not yet seen. I can flick back and forth amongst similar images in a series and choose the best one. When I am finished I create the collection as part of the process.
In full mode however, I find myself being distracted from the task by all the other information available. Thus Review Mode is for me by far the quickest way of selecting and rating images. It would be made perfect by the addition of a small counter... :)
Cheers

Onslow
Pages: [1]   Go Up